RRA Edinburgh to London and 24hr record attempt currently in progress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Michael Broadwith is currently attempting to break the Edinburgh to London and 24hr RRA cycling records .

Tracking at https://www.wahooligan.com/users/live/fFlcb_VVGkXCRKHziLC2xw#

RECORD ATTEMPT NUMBER/S 2165, 2166
NOTICE OF AN ATTEMPT TO IMPROVE THE FOLLOWING
ROAD RECORDS ASSOCIATION RECORDS

RECORDS:- Edinburgh to London & 24 Hour

TYPE OF MACHINE:- Bicycle. RIDER 1: Michael Broadwith CLUB: Arctic Aircon RT

CURRENT TIME/DISTANCE OR STANDARD TO BE BEATEN:
Edinburgh London 17:48:04 24 Hours 507.9 miles

CURRENT RECORD HOLDER/S: Edinburgh London , Pete Wells, 24 Hours, Michael Broadwith

OldShep

Über Member

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Amazing attempt.
Myself and a few others attempted Edinburgh to London at the beginning of September. Not so quick though. Took us a week ^_^

1634891009305.png

Last edited:

T4tomo

Guru
He broke the Edinburgh-London record by 5 minutes and 17 seconds. A total of 17 hours, 42 minutes and 47 seconds to get to London :ohmy::wacko::notworthy:

https://www.facebook.com/ArcticAirconRT/
has he or did he then carry on to try and improve his own 24 hr record (which i'm pretty sure he set on flatish circuit course, which you think would be better suited to such a record than E-L plus)

he is an absolute machine that bloke. I pipped him on a local short strava KOM about 10 -15 years ago. I was busting a gut, turns out his time was set on his commute to work, with his son in childseat on the back!

OP
OP
Ming the Merciless

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
has he or did he then carry on to try and improve his own 24 hr record (which i'm pretty sure he set on flatish circuit course, which you think would be better suited to such a record than E-L plus)

he is an absolute machine that bloke. I pipped him on a local short strava KOM about 10 -15 years ago. I was busting a gut, turns out his time was set on his commute to work, with his son in childseat on the back!

He broke record in London. He decided not to continue on to try the 24hr hour record

byegad

Legendary Member
I am happy averaging that for 3-4 hours and only if flat with a favourable wind
I can do that easily, in the car.

OldShep

Über Member
Do you think 508.5 ml from LE to Scotland a flattish circuit :wacko:
17th June 2018 when he got LEJOG record.

T4tomo

Guru
Do you think 508.5 ml from LE to Scotland a flattish circuit :wacko:
17th June 2018 when he got LEJOG record.
Ah no, for some reason I thought he set at Mersey roads 24 or similar event. I stand corrected. that makes more sense now

Top Bottom