RTC Queues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A rather sobering read
This is in response to a tweet by Jeremy Clarkson (pictured at the top) about having to wait in queuing traffic, at the scene of RTC

I speak with quite a few Officers, in the line of my work, & the one thing they all dread (as any serving/retired Officers on here will agree) is the 'Death Knock'
It's bad enough for the Doctors I know, as relatives sometimes expect it, but to have your entire life turned upside down in a few words...………………….

https://emergency-services-humour.c...yABP2PvC9wBn6Adpf0GlhKWhEtKMbxe7C1_kQjIJL4F0Q

Pass on the word, be patient
And thank the deity of your choice, that it's not you (or yours)

Sorry, if it's not the best subject to talk about, but it's a good 'behind the scenes' description

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Very sobering.

Milzy

Guru
Heard one recently where motorists were moaning about no diversion signs up to the officer. A young mother was in her car that hit trees at high speed & was almost fully decapitated. Hate it when they moan on Facebook about stuck in traffic & some people can’t drive etc when people are dead. :sad:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes, very sobering. I've forwarded it to Gti Junior who is about to take his driving test.

It seems that every time I drive now I witness appalling driving; the fear of a random catch has disappeared and certain types of driver are treating the road like a game of Grand Theft Auto.

byegad

Legendary Member
Yes, very sobering. I've forwarded it to Gti Junior who is about to take his driving test.

It seems that every time I drive now I witness appalling driving; the fear of a random catch has disappeared and certain types of driver are treating the road like a game of Grand Theft Auto.

I agree, the chances of getting caught is now so low that now the muppets are racing each other on busy roads. Scary, scary experience when you see it happening so often.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I agree, the chances of getting caught is now so low that now the muppets are racing each other on busy roads. Scary, scary experience when you see it happening so often.

Dash cam and report.. Its the new deterant.. Crash for cash has dwindled as a result

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I'm sure anyone who's lost a loved one would sit in traffic queues every day if it would bring their lost one back. I only hope that Clarkson was unaware of the seriousness of the incident, but nothing surprises me these days with what some people tweet

Globalti

Legendary Member
There was a discussion on this elsewhere, STW I think, and it seems that some Police forces are prosecuting on video evidence collected by the public as long as it's clear and as along as there are two minutes of video before and after the event, to show that you didn't provoke the other driver or cause the accident.

MarkF

Guru
Sometimes, wild eyed, filled with hope, people rush into past reception barging into the High Dependency Unit, desperate to get to their loved one(s). I know they are dead but the PC's have to deal with them whilst I can just make myself scarce. :sad:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Forty years ago my mother had that knock on the door. I was a year old and she had been married less than two. Any time anybody talks about traffic accidents, or (lack of) road safety, or particularly motorbikes, she gets that look in her eyes and you can just tell...

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
In the 1970's, my aunt ran a hospital ward and told us as kids that when hospital people say 'can you come quickly?' over the phone, the loved one has already gone. In 2007 my dad was very ill in hospital with advanced Parkinsons & stomach cancer. I got a phone call at 5am from my sister saying that the hospital had called and asked us to 'come quickly'. While waiting for my sister to pick me up out on a dark street, I looked up at the moon & just knew:sad:. It's something you never forget....

tom73

Guru
The same increasingly happens with train delays/stopped to prevent some poor fellow human who believes they have do option than to go under the next passing train. Or even worse when they have it makes you wonder how we got to the point that see's total lack of empathy for other humans. I recently heard when held up someone said they don't think about how others are put out and someone should just push them off. I just walked away but the look I gave him said all that was needed.

Milzy

Guru
I believe as life becomes harder & harder human empathy just becomes less & less. Parenting skills have become worse over the last couple of generations resulting in a more extreme breed of scum.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In Argyll police have put out stern warnings. —“ You will NOT take pictures as you pass any RTC “. Not sure what action they would or can take but there must be some sanction.

Top Bottom