Rubbing/vibration from Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I left my Brompton in a hotel luggage room for an afternoon and when I picked it up the rear deraillour had been knocked and had jammed against the cogs. It took just a few minutes to fix it when I got home, and everything works fine; however I get a very faint buzzing/vibration/rubbing when I put pressure on the pedals. It isn't from the wheel, it seems to be from the rear mechanism somehow.

I have had the bike up on the stand, adjusted the grears, lubed the chain - basically reached the limit of my knowledge but the buzz is still there. It isn't a noise as such but I can "feel" it through the pedals especially the right side one when I put on pressure. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the ride but it is very annoying when I think about it. :cursing:

I don't really expect anyone to know what to do, I am just having a vent - whilst looking at the Kinetics website and pondering an 8 speed Alfine.... :laugh:

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Good idea about the pedals - I'll try it tomorrow - Many thanks @User14044 :hello:

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Pedals made no difference, so I am going to clean the drive-chain tomorrow, degrease everything, clean it, then re-lube as required.

keeping my fingers crossed

Andrew

Check that the 'hanger' (such as it is) or that the 'mech' (if you can call it that) is parallel with the wheel. This sort of maladjustment can cause the chain to chew through things in short order if not attended to.

Top Bottom