Ruddy postman....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I was sat in the living room. SAT HERE. You didn't ring the bell. You didn't knock.

But you put a red card through the door along with the rest of my post, and I wanted my chainset (the only parcel I'm expecting) today but now have to wait until Monday to collect it, you nobber.

You didn't even try.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Why didn't you go out and catch up with him?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Seems to be fairly commonplace with Royal Mail now - postie won't want to lug heavy stuff about in his bag, frequently having to return the same parcel to the sorting office.
So it's easier to leave the parcel behind and pop a card through the door.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Seems to be fairly commonplace with Royal Mail now - postie won't want to lug heavy stuff about in his bag, frequently having to return the same parcel to the sorting office.
So it's easier to leave the parcel behind and pop a card through the door.
I did wonder if the parcel was with him, given we are 100m from where he sets off from.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I did wonder if the parcel was with him, given we are 100m from where he sets off from.
100 m isn't too difficult, but as you say the lost time is the cr&p part. Complain!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
They seem to have lost all sense of customer service. Their job is so boring you would think providing good customer was the only way to brighten it up.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Lazy sods the lot of them seem to spend the day mooching around sunbathing delivering useless leaflets that nobody wants. Looks a right cushy little number in my book. Glorified paper boys !

screenman

Legendary Member
I find the post is a very reliable service, I think people often only remember the bad days. We have up to 4 different post people a week delivering the post at times from about 10.30am until 6pm. I have no complaints though.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I caught one once as he was putting the card through the door. I asked him where my parcel was and he said I didn't have it, as he expected nobody to be in.

I threatened to report him if I didn't get it that day.

He delivered it later on his way home from work.

Top Bottom