Ruddy postman....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rualexander

Legendary Member
I didn't leap to gather the post as I was doing paperwork.
Maybe your doorbell didn't ring, or maybe you didn't hear him knock.
Maybe he had the parcel the day before but had run out of cards or his pen didn't work, so had to bring the card the next day.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Ive started using collect+ from anywhere that offers it when ordering...no waiting about for deliveries etc...Ive been red carded when in by royal mail...Ive watched a courier sit outside in his van with the ignition off for two mins and then drive off followed by a failed delivery notification....collect+ is a winner

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Maybe your doorbell didn't ring, or maybe you didn't hear him knock.
Maybe he had the parcel the day before but had run out of cards or his pen didn't work, so had to bring the card the next day.
I was sat 1.5 metres from the door. He didn't knock and the doorbell works fine.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Had the same experience here. The red card was always delivered with the post and my wife several times knew the doorbell hadn't been troubled. A letter of complaint (unanswered) seemed to sort the problem, to the extent that if it can be forced through the letter box, it is.
(That's probably buggered up future small deliveries :smile:)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Happy with my postman. He rings the bell if expecting a parcel and waits for answer. He also says " hello" when we see him on his round. Then again, we are in Wales and the people are friendly. Don't envy you lot one bit, living in big towns and cities.

keithmac

Guru
We have a lot of banter with our regular delivery guys, DHL/ UPS/ UK Mail/ Parcel Force etc.

One said he had a right bollocking for delivering skirting boards while the customers were out, he posted them through the letterbox. Presume they were standard 2.4 meter lengths.

My Hermes or whatever its called have managed to destroy a petrol tank I bought for my Mk2 Golf restoration and have refused delivery. Feel sorry for the seller as he says it was packaged well and posted it as a favour for me..

Chromatic

Legendary Member
It is a lot easier and quicker to stand on the doorstep writing out a card rather than someone answering the door though.

I wonder if the little red card was pre-written, especially in light of some of the posts here.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
We have a lot of banter with our regular delivery guys, DHL/ UPS/ UK Mail/ Parcel Force etc.

One said he had a right bollocking for delivering skirting boards while the customers were out, he posted them through the letterbox. Presume they were standard 2.4 meter lengths.
I imagine it would be impossible to open the front door with a few lengths of skirting on the door mat.

keithmac

Guru
I imagine it would be impossible to open the front door with a few lengths of skirting on the door mat.

I think that was the issue, he was only there a month or so after before "leaving". Think he mentioned it because they made a complaint against him.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I was sat in the living room. SAT HERE. You didn't ring the bell. You didn't knock.

But you put a red card through the door along with the rest of my post, and I wanted my chainset (the only parcel I'm expecting) today but now have to wait until Monday to collect it, you nobber.

You didn't even try.
That's terrible service. Here you just have to listen for the knock then go out five minutes later and pick the parcel from amongst the banana skins in the bin.

Top Bottom