Rudge aero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddybus

Über Member
So I just bought this 'cheap heap' locally should be a nice little project -the original orange paint & decals are ...a little tired (lol) to say the least ...but its a reynolds frame with great fancy lugs & its still got a few original bits apart from the wheels seat bars etc. Frame number at the top of the seat tube is 97759 R the seller suggested late 40's early 50's...... Watch this space for updates, happy trails!
IMG_20150912_125043.jpg

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I am liking that. Looking forward to the updates. The lines and bars just look spot on.

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
What is original will stay! what's left of the paint will get waxed?? It's sooooo fragile...gotta change that seat! & the cheap modern wheels will be replaced with more cheap {but alloy} flip flop wheels till I can find something old with a sturmey archer ...I'm pretty sure it should have drop bars on but I quite like the droopy tache ones that are on it at the moment...cheers all

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
26 x 11/4 at the moment both run OK... front wheel not too bad & worth saving as a spare, rear looks like a cobbled together ex derailleur type wheel converted to a fixie with bent sprocket & LOTS of spacers. Gonna try a 26 x 13/8 see if it fits ...just for convenience & availability I want to get out & ride it while the weathers not too bad.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i might have a pr of 26 x 1 1/4" steels in fair condition with a 5 speed screw on block @Daddybus

Top Bottom