Rudge aero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Just had a look the nuts on the cotters are 180 deg one side to the other but the 'kerb side?' one protrudes from the crank around a quater of an inch offside one is flush????

classic33

Leg End Member
Just had a look the nuts on the cotters are 180 deg one side to the other but the 'kerb side?' one protrudes from the crank around a quater of an inch offside one is flush????
Possibly why it seems why one is the wrong way round.

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Progress.. Bought a few bits- just trial fitting. yesterday...

Brooks b15 champion narrow
GB alloy bars & stem
Some old bullet grips
Blumels mudguards

What do you think? I'm not feeling it tbh There's too much white wish I hadn't got whitewalls now they look like balloons with the mudguards....
IMG_20150930_122754.jpg

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
The bars guards & seat are as close to the original equipment in size shape & era I could find (erm in the case of the brooks ...afford!...) but yeah its them bloody modern wheels... right or wrong way round lol
Slightly better with out the guards but looks the best with the old knackered wheels :wacko:

Attachments

• IMG_20150930_135155.jpg
    IMG_20150930_135155.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20150930_135645.jpg
    IMG_20150930_135645.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Decision made I've put the modern s/s alloys on the monarch -which means I've got a pair of 30yr old wheels with an aw 3 speed (with whitewalls again tho... I have a fetish!) I'll just get some black circles... Just don't tell the wife I've just wasted 60 quid on wheels ha....

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Decision made I've put the modern s/s alloys on the monarch -which means I've got a pair of 30yr old wheels with an aw 3 speed (with whitewalls again tho... I have a fetish!) I'll just get some black circles... Just don't tell the wife I've just wasted 60 quid on wheels ha....
IMG_20150930_143314.jpg

shadaboot27

Love it! It looks really smart with those mudguards and the new (old) wheels. I've got a loads of vintage chains if you want to buy one? Also they look like pre 60's Raleigh brake calipers so I'm guessing you need a double ended fixed length brake cable? I get those quite often so I'll keep an eye out for one if you want.

Top Bottom