Rudge aero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadaboot27

Cheers mate... chains i got, but a black rear cable would be nice If you come across one :smile:

Okay I'll keep an eye out for one mate.

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
First time out on the Rudger -ride's well!!!:smile:
...even better after I took the rattly plastic mudguards off mouldy brooks saddle
IMG_20160204_141601.jpg
& the frankly dangerous (for me) toe clips & straps. Another bike done -that's 3 out of 4 working... unbelievable ha

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Tbh i wouldnt think they were up to your standards, they're populars, they do have a split (in the usual place) & I've 'spearpointed' them (with scissors.... lol) ....gonna see if I can get them to not rattle if not I may sell 'em

shadaboot27

Tbh i wouldnt think they were up to your standards, they're populars, they do have a split (in the usual place) & I've 'spearpointed' them (with scissors.... lol) ....gonna see if I can get them to not rattle if not I may sell 'em

Okay no worries. I do have a pair of proper spear point guards that I took off my donor Pathfinder which would be the same as the ones your Clubman would of originally had. They are a little bent where the bike has been left in a shed with no wheels on but There are no cracks. You might be able to straighten them out with some heat. Im going to be puttin them on the bay soon with 99p start and no reserve. The ones on my decent pathfinder don't rattle at all so maybe these wont wont either?

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Not updated for a while, but after using the bike most weekends this year, I'm pleased to report all's running well!...amazing for a 70 year old machine...the mudguards & brooks saddle are back, together with an old brooks saddlebag, dynohub front wheel, correct sturmey archer head light, new tubes & amber wall tyres & finally a clonking great bell...All greased, oiled & tucked up in the man cave now till next year.
IMG_20161207_211559.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Daddybus glad to see you kept the patina

Top Bottom