Run in with lorry driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

medals

I've had a quite quiet few weeks commuting, until last Friday that is.

Riding down Kenilworth Road in Coventry, on the road, not on the cycle path. A lorry driver took exception to this, 'cos he overtook me and when he reached the back of a long queue of traffic (why bother overtaking, duh!) he drove straight into the kerb blocking me up completely.

So having got off the bike and having walked past his lorry, he explained, in the way only a knucklegraser can, that he cut me up 'cos he thought I should be riding on the cyclepath. Oh well that's alright then!:tongue:

In fairness to him though, he did listen to me telling him why I wasn't using it, because this time of year its covered in leaves and every 50 metres or so, the council haven't actually surfaced it properly. You get a strip of tarmac and then a patch of rough suface and holes outside the entrance to each of the houses along there. Oh and I was touching 20 mph too.

Another example of councils not treating cyclists seriously I guess.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Company lorry? I'd report it if it was identifiable.

medals said:
In fairness to him though, he did listen to me telling him why I wasn't using it, because this time of year its covered in leaves and every 50 metres or so, the council haven't actually surfaced it properly. You get a strip of tarmac and then a patch of rough suface and holes outside the entrance to each of the houses along there. Oh and I was touching 20 mph too.

Well, that's something I suppose. Maybe (or maybe not) he'll think twice before doing it next time.

Risking your life to make a point! The guy should not be on the road!!:ohmy:

Report him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(All those !!! remind me of someone, can't think who....:tongue:)

domtyler

Über Member
Bloody lorry drivers are all the same!! :tongue::ohmy:!:ohmy:

Oh, [cough] hi Rhythm Thief, didn't see you there [loud cough], er is that the time, must be off now!! :ohmy:

OP
OP
medals

medals

Good point about reperting him. If I see him on this route again I will take his number and have a word with plod.

Top Bottom