Runbox email - anyone used it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Proton mail is an encrypted email. No adverts, and being encrypted from end to end it would be difficult to hack. They dont keep any info on the user either. It is free, but you can pay as well.

It's an excellent email account.

I don't have any knowledge of the one you mentioned
Proton mail is excellent except for being a cess pit of trolls recently. A strong line on privacy shouldn't mean a weak line on abuse, but I guess allowing free accounts means they can't afford enough staff. Meanwhile, postmasters at other ISPs get to waste time playing "whack a mole" blocking one throwaway proton mail address after another. :-(

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Why don’t you register your own domain and route your mail via whichever provider suits at the time?
Proton mail is an encrypted email. No adverts, and being encrypted from end to end it would be difficult to hack. They dont keep any info on the user either. It is free, but you can pay as well.

It's an excellent email account.

I don't have any knowledge of the one you mentioned
I was concerned about 15 years ago about my reliance on a webmail account for everything, consequently I purchased my own domain (£10 for 2 years) and pay for email hosting on that domain (£3 monthly, billed quarterly) meaning my email address is mine and will be so in perpetuity.

Personalisation is also a benefit for example you could have legs@shutup.com or whatever.

Well I ended up doing both of the above options: a new Proton email account, and my own domain name to make the Proton email address better (i.e. I updated the domain with my Proton email settings). It will do for now, I think. I also bought and setup mobile wireless broadband (using one of those small, battery-powered wifi hotspots), and so I'll have internet access immediately after my house move on Friday.

si_c

Guru
Well I ended up doing both of the above options: a new Proton email account, and my own domain name to make the Proton email address better (i.e. I updated the domain with my Proton email settings). It will do for now, I think. I also bought and setup mobile wireless broadband (using one of those small, battery-powered wifi hotspots), and so I'll have internet access immediately after my house move on Friday.
It's a good starting point and gives you flexibility for the future and it's pretty much no maintenance - just check when your domain renewal is as you don't want it to expire.

Top Bottom