Runny nose while exercising .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Yes, I can guarantee most rides I do my nose runs a little, which then leaves me with a slight cough aswell. I have had it for years.

Reactions: Con

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I suffer from chronic rhinus sinusitis so have to take steroids for it. Means my nose drips like a bloody tap.

Cold air across the sinusus and eyes will naturally make your nose run anyway in most cases. For me it's a blessed relief as it clears my airwaves.

Dont ask me how many hankies I've lost on bike rides over the years. :rolleyes:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Why can’t you use tissues? :scratch:
Simple practicality. It isn't easy to pull out a tissue, use it and then store it whilst riding. Besides, I don't have the storage capacity for the number I'd need. I rationalise it by thinking that various wild animals are putting far 'worse' into the environment and, as I said, I always choose a least-offensive location (context: rural byways, tracks and roads). I'd never do it in a residential area and always avoid walkways, aiming as far as possible for verges and bushes.

Kryton521

Über Member
Oh yeah! I walk to work, 20 minutes not really much effort, nose runs better than rail services! Don't think it's so bad on the bike??? Or I just re-inhale it? Used to get very runny nose when running too.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
chuck the tissue

What. On the road?
Why can’t you use tissues? :scratch:
I don't see a problem with grozzing up on the floor:thumbsup:. If you're climbing a steep hill,or 'flying' down one,it's not always possible to spend about 20 seconds taking a tissue out, blowing into it, then placing it back. Just spitting out,or sticking a finger over the right nostril (why is it always the left nostril we expel from?:scratch:) to launch a snot rocket, to me is much safer.

pawl

Legendary Member
I suffer from chronic rhinus sinusitis so have to take steroids for it. Means my nose drips like a bloody tap.

Cold air across the sinusus and eyes will naturally make your nose run anyway in most cases. For me it's a blessed relief as it clears my airwaves.

Dont ask me how many hankies I've lost on bike rides over the years. :rolleyes:

I always carry a handkerchief.Just tuck it under the waist band of my jersey.,otherwise it would go in the pocket where I keep my jelly babies.

Deeble

Regular
We're all just a bunch of nose-runners!!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Is this possibly also age related? I have no memory of this problem when younger. Also I have noticed that often the aged have a drip on the end on their nose even when not exercising.

Top Bottom