Ruptured achilles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
well done, currently three weeks into getting over a ruptured patella tendon

But my brother ruptured an achilles a few years ago playing badminton, recovery and physio seems to be broadly the same, a lot of resting followed by a lot of painful physio, mine is 'nine months to playing sport' so no fishing and cycling for a long time, as a seasoned veteran of three weeks, the start is the worse bit 'when it's sore'. It slowly gets better

why have you got icing sugar on your toes?

Tynan

Veteran
Sorry about lunches, that picture genuinely unsettled me the first few times i saw it after my sister took it, 28 staples, it looks much much better now but still a way to go at the top where it's a bit ragged

PK99

Legendary Member
Not wishing to depress you, but a mate's surgeon described repairing a ruptured a achilles as like sowing together two shaving brushes... The good news is he was back as a demon hill walker in less than a year.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ask your wife for a surgeon recommendation :smile:. Assuming it'll take 6-12 months to recover

GWS

Milzy

Guru
Omg my right one swells up and hurts after running. Been on the bike lately so it's calmed down now. That's crazy stuff though.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I did something horrible to my achilles in July 2000. I was told to rest it as it was 'only a little tear'. I've been resting it 17 years now and I still can't run on the bloody thing. It still aches if I run and I still hide up and cry because I cannot run. I was a very, very good runner once.

[QUOTE 4864681, member: 76"]I did it running in the New Forest, we were there with some other families. Some of the younger saw my strangely angled foot and got a bit freaked, so MrsUser76 went in to full explain mode. She used a cheese string from the picnic to explain how the achilles looks and contains lots of fibres, then snapped it half to show what had happened. It was a neat explanation, and similar to your shaving brush analogy I guess.[/QUOTE]
And that made them less freaked out?

:eek:

GWS.

Top Bottom