Rush hour in Utrecht

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great video, reminds me of my commute in Den Haag.

I like the guy at 0:30 with his spare bike. Most of us do fine with a puncture repair kit, but no, he feels the need for a whole rolling set of spare parts. :evil:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I imagine they're a bit more 'laidback' in Amsterdam, though!

Really? I always thought they were head down backside in the air type of riders.

Will1985

Über Member
Cycling utopia! I tried to count the number of motorised vehicles (including trams) - about 31. Now who wants to try to count all the bikes in that video? :smile:

Wasn't there a video a while back of a Dutch chap's timed commute by car, and then using the integrated transport network the next day?

crumpetman

Will1985 said:
Cycling utopia! I tried to count the number of motorised vehicles (including trams) - about 31. Now who wants to try to count all the bikes in that video? :smile:

I have seen that clip on here before and I think that is prohibited for motorised vehicles (apart from trams) which is why there are so many bikes but no cars, motorbikes, buses, lorries etc.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
The location is a bit deceptive. If I recognise the spot correctly, it is just to the left of central station (one reason for so many bikes). The roads in the foreground are for buses, taxis and trams only, heading into the bus station just out of the picture on the right. Cars are also impeded by construction work on the right-hand side (where the red and white blocks are). The bikes going straight ahead are going into the city centre, which is largely car free. There are car lanes just out of view beyond the trees in front of the houses in the background.

Top Bottom