Russell's long term goal / diary. PBP 2019 and Save to Buy Titanium Bike 2020

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
8G on credit cards. 'Kin hell

OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
Going to record my saving progress - every month, the day before payday.
Month 1 (November 2016)
Plan -8000
Actual -7923
Diff -77
Var +1%

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
https://www.strava.com/activities/787132731/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-GB&v=1480258174

Made it out on the bike today! First time out for the winter bike, forgot how much heavier it is than my other bike! Really nice ride to Henley and back through Windsor great park, nearly all on quiet country roads and not many hills. Will shorten it to 50miles for my winter ride!

OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
I'm only on the second month and finding it tough saving / not spending any money!

Another goal or resolution for 2017 is to completely give up biscuits, cake and chocolate etc! I'm diabetic so they are really not that great for me. (He says after polishing off a sainsbobs 4 pack of cookies!)

At least the money I save on buying junk food can go towards paying off my credit cards! Win win!

OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
Well December didn't go to plan! (Bloody Christmas & Bad Knee)

So it seems this saving is a lot harder than it looks! I've actually added to my Credit card now, due to Christmas expenses and also having a bike fit & seeing a physio due to a bad knee. Ill start saving properly from next month...
:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Month 2 (December 2016)
Plan -7750
Actual -8079
Diff +329
Var +4%

OP
OP
Rustybucket

Rustybucket

Veteran
Need to start this up again! Slowly getting into more debt again. Have been reviewing my budget and finding it hard to survive / save at the moment. All future bike related purchases put on hold! Might even start to sell some of my kit which is too small and I've never worn.

Top Bottom