Rutland 2 anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just spoken to trikeaholic, he has been off work for two weeks with a bad virus.
Sadly we wont make this one as we needed transport for the trikes.
Have a great time and we will cath you all on the next trip.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Sorry chaps but I am going to have to pull out too as the forecast is for too cold for me. I am no wimp but I have a medical condition whch will cripple me for a week if I ride in tomorrow's forecast temperature. I'm more than a little miffed as I have packed all the kit I needed and I had planned to invest in a couple of items at Rutland Cycles. I was looking forward to meeting you too.

If ever you plan a repeat performance when it is a tad warmer, I will make every effort to be there.

trickletreat

Veteran
Another no show from us, and really was looking forward to hiding some crutches
tongue.gif

Hopefully see a few at Draycote.

markg0vbr

Über Member
the sun came out :sun: i am now well on my way to becoming a sun bronzed greek god.
a bit tired now :tired: pulling the peloton will do that ;)

OP
OP
P

plantfit

Guru
What a great day again, great company as ever, great riding and great weather, what more can you ask for, shame not everyone could make it but I'm sure there will be plenty more rides in the future, Great Notts bike ride, Rutland 3, Draycote 3 ?? and any others you can think of.

Once again everyone, thanks for a great day

Roger

markg0vbr

Über Member
in response to a flood of requests, positively inundated, could i add a appendix

have a not stand up = laying down
recumbernaught = a trike pilot
pins in my leg = two titanium screws going up through my thigh into the ball joint.
thigh = bit thicker bit of leg
hip = bit at top of thigh that bends about a bit
crutch = extra leg you hold in your hand
drifting = arse going like a rabbits nose, going sideways around corners
streemer fairing = df rider deflector
peanut butter, honey, banana and cornflour paste sandwiches = moose gooke now band as performance enhancing food
panniers = two kitchen peddle bins and some sports boot bags lashed on

this will make reading my "the recovery thread a bit easier"

Cullin

Über Member
So glad you all had a good time, 7 trikes is good, it would have been 6 more if I had been fit, all I can do at the moment with gusto is to cough and weeze.
I hope someone took plenty of photos and video.

Mark I am glad you are on the mend, I suppose that's what happens when a Trikeiatrist touched an upwrong.

Another well done XAP Bob for the Sunshine, what would we do with out these kinds of backroom boys.

I do hope we can get another ride on the go.

Cheers
Bill ( Trikeaholic )

OP
OP
P

plantfit

Guru
Hi all,

Thinking of having another Rutland ride before cold weather sets in, maybe end of September beginning October if anyone interested, Saturdays or Sundays (work permitting) post some dates and see what happens. Also similar for another Draycote ride.

Roger

Top Bottom