Rutland Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yazzoo

anyone had any issues with them?

I ordered some pannier bags a week ago and they're still not dispatched, had some very vague emails but no dates given. The items were listed as in stock and to be dispatched within three days!

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
On the contrary- I bought a Giant Defy from them last year- full comms, tracked delivery, no problems at all!

Good luck!

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

Maybe it's just me then!

I've had two emails from them telling me things I've never even looked at are still in my basket and available for purchase and a customer service advisor who kept referring to my bike order and how long my bike would take to be built/delivered despite me only ordering panniers!

dim

popped into the Cambridge branch at the rail station today to get a new inner tube for my Surly LHT (had a puncture yesterday... rode over a staple)

lad was polite (they never had an innertube that I was after), but I then asked him if he had a rear blinky for my S-Works (it has an aero post, and I used this bike today for commuting)

The lad was very polite, spent much time checking what was on the shelves, and found one that fitted for £9.99 (I won't use the S-Works for commuting in the dark, but it's nice to have a light during winter)

I'm well pleased, good shop, good gear, polite staff, close to home and I will shop there again

OP
OP
Yazzoo

Yazzoo

1 week ago today I placed the order, still not dispatched. Called them this morning and spoke to the most useless, wet, non-comittal person who is 'looking into it' for me and will call me back 'when they can'!

Had I not just spent the last hour calling every bike shop I can think of within driving range and being told none of them stock ortlieb I would cancel the order! raaaaaaa!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not bought from them on-line for a while, but stuff turned up as planned and well packed.

helston90

On the contrary- I bought a Giant Defy from them last year- full comms, tracked delivery, no problems at all!

Good luck!
Within a month of my confidence I just ordered two items from them- parcel came yesterday one of them was missing completely despite being on the invoice and paid for, I'm now waiting to hear back from an e-mail I have sent them.

That'll teach me to be so confident!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The last few orders from me have needed chasing up after 2 weeks despite them saying next day dispatch. They have had a big clothing sale on recently so that may account for tardiness. However, I ordered a Frog bike a few weeks ago for my youngest, with the website claiming delivery within 2 days. I contacted them after 2 weeks and got a 'we will look into it' reply, so I made them promise to call me back. I am still waiting, despite getting the bike a few days ago. I won't bother to contact them about the out of true wheel that rubs in the brakes, I will fix that myself.

User269

I ordered something recently, it showed in stock, with delivery due in 3 days. On a Fri. I had to chase them up; you've taken my money very efficiently within seconds of ordering, but it hasn't arrived yet, 5 working days later. They replied to say it's only just arrived with them this afternoon. So they don't have it in stock, they order it in, then send it on to me. They went on to say that as it was a Fri. it wouldn't now get sent until Mon. In fact it was sent on Tue. and I didn't get it until Thur. I won't be using them again. I'd like to know where they ordered it from, so next time I can just cut out the middle man and go direct myself.
I mostly use the same online retailers, but sometimes can only source an item from a new to me supplier. My regular suppliers have the following qualities; accurate and truthful stock info., delivery options ranging from free to next day at extra charge, my card not charged until despatch, a clear returns & refund procedure, and finally delivery by a courier like DPD who will contact me and give me a one hour slot, or even our very reliable postman who turns up at pretty much the same time each day.

helston90

I've just had a reply- usual apology stuff and then asked if I wanted it sent out again or a refund- hmmm- Craft toe warmers- yes, yes I'll still be needing them for a while yet.
Fingers crossed they mess up and pop another jacket in as well by mistake :laugh:

dim

I ordered something recently, it showed in stock, with delivery due in 3 days. On a Fri. I had to chase them up; you've taken my money very efficiently within seconds of ordering, but it hasn't arrived yet, 5 working days later. They replied to say it's only just arrived with them this afternoon. So they don't have it in stock, they order it in, then send it on to me. They went on to say that as it was a Fri. it wouldn't now get sent until Mon. In fact it was sent on Tue. and I didn't get it until Thur. I won't be using them again. I'd like to know where they ordered it from, so next time I can just cut out the middle man and go direct myself.
I mostly use the same online retailers, but sometimes can only source an item from a new to me supplier. My regular suppliers have the following qualities; accurate and truthful stock info., delivery options ranging from free to next day at extra charge, my card not charged until despatch, a clear returns & refund procedure, and finally delivery by a courier like DPD who will contact me and give me a one hour slot, or even our very reliable postman who turns up at pretty much the same time each day.

they are doing what is known as Drop Shipping .... Many sellers on ebay use drop shippers. They don't stock the item, and once you place your order, they forward the monies (minus their commision), to the drop shipper, and the drop shipper posts directly to you. You dont need to pay for a whare house and staff, and you dont need to spend any money to buy the products. Some guys are making very good money this way

Here's a link:
https://www.shopify.co.uk/guides/dropshipping/understanding-dropshipping

Top Bottom