Rutlands fight to remain McDonald's free..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Now that is a tragic state of affairs..
I do like Greggs, they're doing rather well too according to yearly profit announcement

Greggs has done well, but they've had a couple of wrinkles over the years.

Whichever Gregg it was who owned it at the time got into bother when he made a remark supporting Thatcher against the miners.

Not a wise move for a Tyneside based businessman.

Then there was Colin Gregg who is currently serving 13 years for child abuse.

He had no direct connection with the bakery at the time of his trial in 2016, but working with his brother on it much earlier in his life had made him a 'very wealthy man', according to the barrister who prosecuted the case.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-founder-goes-on-trial-for-child-sexual-abuse

Mike_P

Guru
No Tesco in my post code either. Majority of places have no Tesco in their post code.
Its the entire HG postcode that makes it unique, not individual postcodes

D

Deleted member 26715

I like their sausage & egg mcmuffins for breakfast but can leave the rest

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Their wraps, both meat and verggie versions are top notch scram. So is their coffee and milkshakes.
Their burgers however are yuk.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Never mind about Maccy D's and Rutland, where nobody lives. I heard today that Cornwall has no Greggs. :ohmy:

I was going to go there for a few days in March, but if this is true will now have to reconsider my plans.
I didn't know that. I'm doing LEJOG this spring and will have to buy a load of Greggs stuff in Devon and create steak bake strategic drops at various places in Cornwall

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I didn't know that. I'm doing LEJOG this spring and will have to buy a load of Greggs stuff in Devon and create steak bake strategic drops at various places in Cornwall
It looks like your trip is being planned with military precision.

AndyRM

XOXO
Their wraps, both meat and verggie versions are top notch scram. So is their coffee and milkshakes.
Their burgers however are yuk.

Fully agree on the coffee, it's absolutely spot on. Miles ahead of any other fast food place, and I include Starbucks, Costa and Caffe Nero in that.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Surely you're old enough to know about Government buildings of the 60's MaccyD's are works of architecture compared to them.
I'd rather share the street with Trellick Tower than a ghastly McDonald's Drive-Thru.

D

Deleted member 26715

Fully agree on the coffee, it's absolutely spot on. Miles ahead of any other fast food place, and I include Starbucks, Costa and Caffe Nero in that.
I was with you until the last one.
I'd rather share the street with Trellick Tower than a ghastly McDonald's Drive-Thru.
There's no accounting for taste

Top Bottom