S Club 6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So sad. They were the

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It may not have been natural causes. No cause of death has been given, except that there are no suspicious circumstances.

As I understand it, they made very little money in the limelight as S Club 7 (being essentially manufactured by Simon Fuller) and more than one of them really needed the money from the comeback tour.

It's all very sad.

Drago

Legendary Member
It seems that having not made much money at Sclub7, essentially being low paid salaried employees rather than artistes in their own right, most of them seem reluctant to try the old fashioned method of getting a job.

I dan earn £400 a night playing live (a top flight sessioner like Lee Pomeroy willmpull ten times that), but I'm not salaried, not on a percentage of tickets sales, etc, just my fees. This lot will be playing live again on a salary, won't be taking a cut like a big name band would, the respite will only last as long as the tour, and like as not each night theyll be trousering less than me each night.

The moment it stops so does their income and they're back to square one. They can milk it for a bit getting paid to go on daytime TV and the like, but in over 2 decades not one of them has had the wit to actually do anything to change their business arrangement.

I do feel sorry for this poor lad passing away, one wonders what happened, but speculation is pointless. 46 is no age to go.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The band weren’t even recognised as being part of the creative process. They were just pawns to be moved around. Known as “affiliates”. They didn’t write the music or play the instruments.

“Paul Cattermole, once so full of excited, bouncy hope and promise, was used up and spat out by fame. He was left with nothing, while manager Simon Fuller’s wealth was recently estimated to be £445million.At the height of their success – 10 million albums sold worldwide, their TV show watched by 90 million viewers in over 100 countries – only Fuller was signed to the record label, with S Club 7 themselves classed as “affiliates”. Paul later described it as, “the worst situation to be in”.

Top Bottom