1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Mc(Mac?)Namara..?

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by John the Monkey, 25 Sep 2007.

1. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I apologise in advance for my ignorance if this gentleman is a household name in the cycling world.

Whilst waiting for the ferry to France, our car and modest selection of bikes (my tourer and the nippers' bikes) were sat behind a car with a very nice set of racing bikes on indeed. I had a casual nosey at them - Specialized frames with Dura-Ace drivetrain, as I remember, and I suspect they could have bought and sold both our bikes and car. I do recall seeing one with a decal of the English flag, and the name "S. Mc(or possibly Mac)Namara" on it.

I've been curious since I got back as to whether I'd been (unknowingly) on the same ferry as a top racer. Anyone know the name?

2. Haitch

Haitch Flim Flormally

Google finds a Simon McNamara who rides for the Surrey league and writes for Lonely Planet (and also has an interest in Daihatsu cars).

3. OP
    OP
    John the Monkey

Thanks Alan - I should really have had a quick chat, and found out, but I always feel somewhat outleagued in the presence of other cyclists.

4. phil s

phil s New Member

The McNamara brothers from the Wildside RT team who recently went to race in a Belgian kermesse

5. OP
    OP
    John the Monkey

Googling for the team website, it does look like them - thanks Phil.