S-Works Venge build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Uk bike store never bothered to even ship the bb just found out today gaurenteed next day my a*se would never buy from them again never had an email response either

I feel your pain.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
gaffa tape and para cord fixes most things in life but when it comes to cycling not so much, although the straps did go on my old cyclist shoes so i made paracord laces!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I feel your pain.
ive just opened a paypal claim i dont want them having my money they can keep it for all i care ill order from somewhere that cares, finally got an email response from them saying it was the suppliers fault, how so if they had it in stock for same day dispatch ;)

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I feel your pain.
ive just opened a paypal claim i dont want them having my money they can keep it for all i care ill order from somewhere that cares, finally got an email response from them saying it was the suppliers fault, how so if they had it in stock for same day dispatch ;)

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
... how so if they had it in stock for same day dispatch ;)

They will be "drop shipping". They should have an accurate record of whats in stock at their distributors, and can take your order and get it posted out same day from the distributors. Works well, when it works.

Seems like they have stuff on their website that the distributors can get, if its in stock then great, if not the distributor orders it in.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
They will be "drop shipping". They should have an accurate record of whats in stock at their distributors, and can take your order and get it posted out same day from the distributors. Works well, when it works.

Seems like they have stuff on their website that the distributors can get, if its in stock then great, if not the distributor orders it in.
that dosent go well in my book if they say they have it will ship it same day and they still havent a week later thats definatley un called for in my book hopefully i will get a response other than its not their fault

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Carbon paste hasent arrived from two places, I ordered some park tools stuff and some tacx stuff, as for the bottom bracket I have no idea I'm getting no more responses to my emails I've opened a paypal dispute

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
IT LIVES!! bb arrived today and i thought id give it a go, put it in and installed the crank to see how much play there was with no spacers or anything, there was very little, i added two wave washers and it was very solid no play and spun perfectly, ive been out on a test ride and all seems perfect, shifts fine no play in the cranks or bb all seems fine but only a few more rides will tell. im blown away by the thing it just seems to go off like a rocket when you put the power down, definatley needs a longer stem maybe quite abit longer but otherwise it is perfect.
as for the seatpost i changed bolts and it seemed to help a heck of alot and a tiny sachet of tacx paste came in the post to get me by until the park stuff arrives ( already overdue) and it has only slipped slightly on the first ride so i am rather happy. thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help!

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
you can really see how rusty the legs have gotten :'(
image.jpg
image.jpg

ChrisMc

Looks smart that does, loving the colour scheme as well. Kudos on the build of it mate and Jesus how bike is that bottle. Do you find that seat comfy only asking as it look like it could be fairly painful lol.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
ive got two 950ml elite maxicorsa bottles for the summer and sportives to keep me hydrated, the saddle is actually the comfiest ive ever tried, just goes to show its the shape and size of the saddle and a good pair of shorts that make it comftorable

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
it feels VERY lively but im not sure if thats cause ive not rode in a week or so and what i was riding had fat tyres but im sure it is much livelier than the allez.
but what amazed me most even with the terrible wheels was the way the thing jumps forward when the power is put down, i was finding i could get to 30mph from the saddle without too much effort, although i did only do this on the final length of road home.

Top Bottom