S-Works Venge build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I was abit shaky on it to be honest I wasn't expecting that sort or acceleration and handling, the frame feels very compact but that definatley isn't a bad thing, I can't wait to get some decent wheels on and really thrash the thing!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
The Venge does feel quite compact, its like a coiled spring. The big one piece BB ensures mininal flex and makes the bike feel really up for it. I run a reasonably long stem on mine which makes it feel less compact.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
just been on the second ride, the park tools paste came today, and it just looks like blue hair gel, as far as i can tell there arent actually little beads in it at all? reviews said it had the biggest particles out of all the others so was the strongest paste but it did leave indents in the seatposts...not true for this stuff its very liquidy.

anyway bike worked flawlessly but i didnt i was aching quite a bit but alot of that was due to still being ill, i also had a sore back right at the base and at the base of my neck so the stem is definatley way too short.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Put plenty of miles on it now and its great, im getting a bad lower back and wrists not too sure why as the stem length seems fine now im used to it, and looking at my reflection in shop windows i have quite a flat back. it does attract alot of attention though i left it outside the college locked up the otherday and had people stroking it... I wasnt too happy. Ive also chipped abit of the paint on the underside due to road resurfacing. I also cant keep the thing clean! The black just always looks dusty im forever cleaning it haha

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I was riding an allez before and never got aches, it's the same saddle too it might just be because I've slammed the stem te wheels are fine surprisingly they are rather stuff and roll very well

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Its getting better ive made a few adjustments to the saddle and my cleats and it feels much better, i keep wanting to raise the saddle more and more after each ride so ill get there eventually im still in the trial and error period :smile:

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
image.jpg
Been riding it a few times a day now and it is getting better to ride, although i seem to be going really wode in the corners and it has caused me to go over the white line in some cases, do you think this could be due to the short stem? As kve never had an issue cornering before

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
Im at the point i feel if i have to lean im going to fall caise the bike feels too compact so im thinking its cause of my position

Top Bottom