Saba Columbus SL road frame with extras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saba Columbus SL road frame...Bought this frame as a project but it won't happen....Saba frames were made by Viner in Italy and according to Hilary Stone...'Saba was the brand name used by the English importer of Columbus tubing, Viner frames in the late 1970s and early 80s… They also sold frames under the Saba name which I believe were probably built in the Viner factory – this is one of them. They are beautifully built with lots of care and attention and pantographed lugs and fork crown.

The seat bolt is a new and unused and made by Campagnolo..

The frame is in very good condition but not perfect as despite being renovated...some irregularities remain....nothing serious and no dents and dings etc...bought from Retrobike....it has been renovated and resprayed in a sparkly green by Armourtex....the plan was a 6-7 speed bike like TT riders used in the 1970s...so the frame has one DT boss.....It has not been built up since its renovation

The rear DS dropout have little holes because the dropouts are Campagnolo Portacatena but the bit that was attached to the dropout is missing...what is relevant is this dropout enables me to say the frame was built on or around 1977 when these dropouts were issued by Campagnolo....they were listed as 1010b....and are unusual....so this is not a stock frame.

The headset is a Gipiemme and is a copy of Campagnolo Super Record

Details....TT [C2C]=54cm....ST [C2T]=54cm....ST [C2C]=52cm

126mm OLD [so 6/7 speed]....i will include Columbus SL frame and fork decals.

BB shell is Italian and takes a 27.0 seat post......also included is a Shimano Indexed 7 speed combination....Shimano 600 SL6400 and 600 RD6400 [However, if you prefer something more retro ie friction....for an extra £30 you can have a Simplex Retrofriction [DT shifter] and Suntour VX [Rear mech] set up...for the £30 you get friction and indexed options].

I am based now near Colchester in Essex...not Cambridgeshire.....collection is welcome on arrangement and happy to post in the UK or beyond [beyond is fine and i will find a price...Vulcan is off limits at the moment.

It is possible t get a full set of decals for this frame on ebay... 1?ff3=4&pub=5574641556&toolid=10001&campid=5335847048&customid=ebayautophpbb3&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER].gif http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301073615015? ... EBIDX%3AIT

frame, forks, headset and a DT/Rear mech, frame and forks decal all for £125 posted

If you want the frame without DT/Rear mech options....£99 posted....£75 collected.

If you want the frame plus DT/rear mech and you want to collect it. .£100

If you just want DT levers plus rear mech.

Friction is £35 and indexed is £20 both prices are posted...pics on request

Attachments

• Saba 1.jpg
    Saba 1.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Saba 2.jpg
    Saba 2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Saba 3.jpg
    Saba 3.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Saba 4.jpg
    Saba 4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Saba 5.jpg
    Saba 5.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Saba 6.jpg
    Saba 6.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Saba 7.jpg
    Saba 7.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Shimano 600 RD.jpg
    Shimano 600 RD.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Suntour VX [1].jpg
    Suntour VX [1].jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 6400 DT1.jpg
    6400 DT1.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 24
Now on ebay....sadly.....not a comment about the frame :sad::sad:

Steve Pearce

Saba Columbus SL road frame...Bought this frame as a project but it won't happen....Saba frames were made by Viner in Italy and according to Hilary Stone...'Saba was the brand name used by the English importer of Columbus tubing, Viner frames in the late 1970s and early 80s… They also sold frames under the Saba name which I believe were probably built in the Viner factory – this is one of them. They are beautifully built with lots of care and attention and pantographed lugs and fork crown.

The seat bolt is a new and unused and made by Campagnolo..

The frame is in very good condition but not perfect as despite being renovated...some irregularities remain....nothing serious and no dents and dings etc...bought from Retrobike....it has been renovated and resprayed in a sparkly green by Armourtex....the plan was a 6-7 speed bike like TT riders used in the 1970s...so the frame has one DT boss.....It has not been built up since its renovation

The rear DS dropout have little holes because the dropouts are Campagnolo Portacatena but the bit that was attached to the dropout is missing...what is relevant is this dropout enables me to say the frame was built on or around 1977 when these dropouts were issued by Campagnolo....they were listed as 1010b....and are unusual....so this is not a stock frame.

The headset is a Gipiemme and is a copy of Campagnolo Super Record

Details....TT [C2C]=54cm....ST [C2T]=54cm....ST [C2C]=52cm

126mm OLD [so 6/7 speed]....i will include Columbus SL frame and fork decals.

BB shell is Italian and takes a 27.0 seat post......also included is a Shimano Indexed 7 speed combination....Shimano 600 SL6400 and 600 RD6400 [However, if you prefer something more retro ie friction....for an extra £30 you can have a Simplex Retrofriction [DT shifter] and Suntour VX [Rear mech] set up...for the £30 you get friction and indexed options].

I am based now near Colchester in Essex...not Cambridgeshire.....collection is welcome on arrangement and happy to post in the UK or beyond [beyond is fine and i will find a price...Vulcan is off limits at the moment.

It is possible t get a full set of decals for this frame on ebay... View attachment 320634 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301073615015? ... EBIDX%3AIT

frame, forks, headset and a DT/Rear mech, frame and forks decal all for £125 posted

If you want the frame without DT/Rear mech options....£99 posted....£75 collected.

If you want the frame plus DT/rear mech and you want to collect it. .£100

If you just want DT levers plus rear mech.

Friction is £35 and indexed is £20 both prices are posted...pics on request
Hi. Don’t suppose you still have the green Saba?

Top Bottom