Sabbath Silk Road vs PX Spitfire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Good deals on Ti frames can be found. More chance of stock maybe because they’re a little left field. Both these frames weigh around the same. The spitfire is probably a bit more racier. In the real world is there really that much difference?

Gunk

Guru
Best thing I ever did was to go titanium. My Van Nic is my go to bike, I use it for short shopping trips and longer rides, it’s just such a lovely all rounder.

A638B950-3BA4-4B1C-AD12-434290829893.jpeg

8B441CAB-EDF4-472E-B296-986DD507C5EE.jpeg

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
What’s the best thing about it? If you hit a pot hole does it just absorb the shock?

Gunk

Guru
What’s the best thing about it? If you hit a pot hole does it just absorb the shock?

It rides like a well set up steel framed tourer but even with a rack and mudguards weighs less than 10kgs. I bought mine last year used and it’s about 12 years old, but the last owner built it to an amazingly high spec so it’s just a joy to ride and IMO looks beautiful.

vickster

Legendary Member
Tyre dependent but certainly less jarring than alu or carbon, has a springy feel. Can you get decent width tyres on the two you are considering?

vickster

Legendary Member
Even on 28s and Ti post, I can definitely feel the bad roads round here on my Ti. I’ve got some 35mm gravel tyres to try for winter!

go to Harrogate and have a good test ride, call in advance to organise

Why not go for the Hurricane or Tempest ? Then the disc brakes will let you use wider tyres for comfort.
I'd think disc brakes would be more future proof ?

That's the way I've gone anyway.

vickster

Legendary Member
Why not go for the Hurricane or Tempest ? Then the disc brakes will let you use wider tyres for comfort.

He says he likes rim brakes in another thread

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru

They’re gravel bike types. 25’s & 28’s max for me.
The gravel scene doesn’t do it for me really. Walkers are worse than cars & you get sick of opening & closing gates etc.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
Get one of those then if it’ll help you keep up :okay:
lol I’ve been waiting 6 months on two separate orders which is why I’m losing patience & just going to go for something I can actually find in stock that can be picked up or posted quickly.

Fine alone. When your riding buddies are ultra strong & have the latest fastest road bikes then you have a handicap of less speed .
Tell me about it ! I've been out all summer with my pal on his S Works and there's me on the gravel bike with 32mm tyres on.

Tbh there's not much difference in it. I reckon a set of deep rims on mine and the bike would be as fast as a race bike.

I don't do much gravel - but this bike can do everything.

Top Bottom