Sabbath Silk Road vs PX Spitfire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
jury pretty much out for me on titanium (am very attached to steel) though i do like the look. Question - aren't you concerned about theft/folk interfering with it using it for shopping?

its only left for short periods of time, the wheels have anti theft skewers and it’s locked up using a Kryptonite New York lock. My view is why own it if you can’t use it.

its only left for short periods of time, the wheels have anti theft skewers and it’s locked up using a Kryptonite New York lock. My view is why own it if you can’t use it.
thanks for the reply - nice pic - can i ask which VanNic it is?
Also, is that fork carbon?

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
that be the engine not the bike :okay:
It means I’d have to be way stronger than them. If I chain gang on my gravel bike I’m averaging 30 watts more than everybody else & they are pushing on hard. Strava will give me a 97 effort for nearly 2 hours. That’s just hell. On the road bike it’s a good hard work out but kind of comfortable in comparison.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Just go steel. Titanium grey is as boring as carbon black ;)
...but you can bling it up with bar tape, coloured bolts, spacers, bottle holders etc

the planet X titanium bikes are great value and with both the Hurricane and Spitfire (vs the gravel focussed ones) you get a double chainset and either rim or disc brakes as takes your fancy. so if your aren't interested in gravel / off road they are the way to go

that be the engine not the bike :okay:
truth spoken.....by the ebike rider...:laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
...but you can bling it up with bar tape, coloured bolts, spacers, bottle holders etc

the planet X titanium bikes are great value and with both the Hurricane and Spitfire (vs the gravel focussed ones) you get a double chainset and either rim or disc brakes as takes your fancy. so if your aren't interested in gravel / off road they are the way to go

truth spoken.....by the ebike rider...:laugh:
i dont just own or ride ebikes........

T4tomo

Legendary Member
i dont just own or ride ebikes........
I know:okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
thanks.
Don't like carbon unfortunately.
I have noticed that folks on titanium bikes quite often are.
What's wrong with steel, ally or even titanium?
Titanium is too flexi / twangy for forks. some MTB did have Ti forks but they were braced to stop them flexing and looked very odd.

aluminium is numb and has little vibration damping, why ruin a good bike with a cheap fork. that why a heck of a lot of ally bikes above cheapo cost have carbon forks.

steel would work but make the bike heavier. the point of titanium is you get the ride quality and strength of steel, but significantly lighter.

you might not like it, but for a road bike fork, carbon is an excellent material, stiff, light and provides some damping.

Alex321

Veteran
thanks.
Don't like carbon unfortunately.
What is it you don't like about it?

I have noticed that folks on titanium bikes quite often are.
What's wrong with steel, ally or even titanium?
The forks on most bikes above the real budget end are carbon nowadays.

It is a better material than any of the others for the combination of rigidity in one direction with flexibility in another that the best forks have.

Top Bottom