Sachs 3 x 7 - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy 71

Hi guys,

I have just had a Sachs 3 x 7 hub built into a rim. I have the hub, but no cables and shifters.

Can anybody which parts I need to obtain. Currently, the hub is stuck in high ratio which is fantastically fast but might be a little too much in hilly areas.

Any advice what I need and where I might obtain them?

Andy

MartinC

Über Member
Andy, you need to get either a twist grip or trigger 3 speed shifter and the cable, indicator chain and pulley. I think the Dual Drive ones (3x7) are the same as a Torpedo 3 speed. Fishers distribute SRAM stuff in the UK (www.fisher-outdoor.co.uk). On their web site you'll find the parts in the catalog in the Hub section and it will also let you find your local dealer - they can order it from Fishers. I've just got an I-Motion 3 Hub and bits this way from my LBS. The SRAM website might have some useful documentation (www.sram.com I think. In the UK Roaman Road Cycles (www.roman-road.co.uk) and SJS (www.sjscycles.co.uk) sell hub gears too.

OP
OP
A

Andy 71

Top man Martin! Thanks. I checked the sites you recommended - I can get all the bits I need and not as expensive as I thought!

Andy

Top Bottom