Sachs 3 x 7 - HELP!

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Andy 71, 30 Jun 2008.

1. Andy 71

Andy 71 New Member

Hi guys,

I have just had a Sachs 3 x 7 hub built into a rim. I have the hub, but no cables and shifters.

Can anybody which parts I need to obtain. Currently, the hub is stuck in high ratio which is fantastically fast but might be a little too much in hilly areas.

Any advice what I need and where I might obtain them?

Andy

2. MartinC

MartinC Über Member

Andy, you need to get either a twist grip or trigger 3 speed shifter and the cable, indicator chain and pulley. I think the Dual Drive ones (3x7) are the same as a Torpedo 3 speed. Fishers distribute SRAM stuff in the UK (www.fisher-outdoor.co.uk). On their web site you'll find the parts in the catalog in the Hub section and it will also let you find your local dealer - they can order it from Fishers. I've just got an I-Motion 3 Hub and bits this way from my LBS. The SRAM website might have some useful documentation (www.sram.com I think. In the UK Roaman Road Cycles (www.roman-road.co.uk) and SJS (www.sjscycles.co.uk) sell hub gears too.

3. OP
    OP
    Andy 71

Andy 71 New Member

Top man Martin! Thanks. I checked the sites you recommended - I can get all the bits I need and not as expensive as I thought!

Andy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice