Sad innit (council funerals)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Bloody hell, what a reminder you gave me there! Yes, there are a lot of single people with no family out there: who will come to our funeral? Friends? Maybe, or maybe they will be too busy, or maybe they will not even know that we died. Why worry? Such is life ... and death :laugh:
Last year an former neighbourgh of mine died of natural causes. He had no family left, never married or had children. At his cremation were me, some people living in his street, his lawyer, an old friend from the navy barely able to walk with his son. About 20 people I would say, because we are a smallish community that still cares. I guess if you grow old alone in a big city they'll be no one at you funeral, but then, again, why worry? It is sad in a sort of vague way, yes.
On your bike to chase away those blues!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
My guess would be that there are now a lot more people who for whatever reason live alone, in carehomes, living rough or just lost touch with family and friends. Very sad though that there is nobody to pay their last respects. They still command the respect of a proper funeral at the end of their life though.

Top Bottom