Sad News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
For many years a pair of old trainers have been hanging on a cable high above the road just north of Salen on the Isle of Mull. The recent gale has been too much for them and they have fallen down and one has got lost. Social media is awash with tears at this momentous event and indeed this iPad feels a bit damp. There is little doubt that this well known tourist attraction will be replaced asap.
No, I have not been consoling myself ( yet) with a dram or two.
Takes little to amuse the teuchters in these parts but do other places have such features?

Sharky

Guru
Let us pray for their soles.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Swingers in Scotland

Pampas grass round here if that's your thing.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Oh - how sad - i remember them - i even took a picture - not far from the log loading pontoon iirc - off to search for the picture

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
DSC_3471.JPG

This was them right?? - if it is the same pair we can see that they are technically boots not trainers.

Maybe these are different ones - who knows? - i do know well myself that ones own fun has to be sought in the country - so perhaps there was an outbreak of foot-wear tossing in this area...

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
There was a rather sad - laminated onto the road - hedge-hog for years and years in the village i used to inhabit.

And a mummified squirrel that has mis-judged its leap - over a telegraph wire nearby

Clearly it was so dull round those parts - that even the wildlife gave up on the will to live .. :sad:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There's a collection of trainers hanging from a chain by the Thames at Battersea. I always assumed that they were some kind of a shrine to someone who died. Some people have suggested that they are just put there by beachcombers who find them at low tide.
battrsea shoes.jpg

Top Bottom