Sad that the NOWZAD/The Ark, save the animals thread has been moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
He has a truck. In his shoes id have chanced for the border 6 days ago while everyones attention was on the airport, or maybe the Panjshir valley and then the border at a later time. He'll have likely done E&E as well as any military personnel posted to a conflict zone so I'm not sure why he passed the main chance.

Apols me old fruit, it was your quote about 'outrageous silencing' - I had assumed (maybe wrongly) you meant blanking by putting on ignore - I function that sadly I have started to use for reasons stated. Apart from Mods removing people from threads I hadn't noticed any other form.
i meant shouting down of folk - I've seen the perpetrators of that then congratulate themselves and their fans/helpers for the silencing. Plus telling folk in the forum that they are going to be reported, very often for no good reason. Reminds me of damn primary school. Worse still the gratuitous reports sometimes get the ear of teech.
All of which is very sad I think - most of all for the reporters/silencers, who then in the calm of night may sometimes wonder why not just the bad bits of cchat (luckily a very small area) but the country is these days so divided. Folk not listening to each other.
I also thank my lucky stars that I don't share an office/club or whatever with some of these folk - for they delight in small worlds they feel they can control/reign over. Worlds where their co-habitees cannot just walk and pedal away.
On the positive side, NACAs provides a pit for the small group to exercise themselves in with little damage to wider society.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
He has a truck. In his shoes id have chanced for the border 6 days ago while everyones attention was on the airport, or maybe the Panjshir valley and then the border at a later time. He'll have likely done E&E as well as any military personnel posted to a conflict zone so I'm not sure why he passed the main chance.
Just listening to the radio, it seems that'll be their only way of escape. They are closing the airport and only those now inside the airport will be allowed to fly out.:sad:

Cirrus

Veteran
It's about humans helping/saving lesser intelligent animals than themselves. By doing this is shows humans aren't all bad and shows them showing compassion to animals that cannot fend for themselves.
Humans trying to save animals from other humans, the events in Afghanistan and other parts of the world, the cruelty and sadism of human on animal and human on human barbarity somewhat cheapens the term "humane" there appears to be very little humanity about humans.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
there appears to be very little humanity about humans.
I agree, so when things like operation Ark happen it does as they say restore your faith in human nature.
One good thing to come out of this tragedy is that animal welfare and animal cruelty has had much exposure over the last few weeks, with daily reports about the plight of these animals and staff. I bet/hope that donations to such as NOWZAD will increase manyfold!

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It's about humans helping/saving lesser intelligent animals than themselves. By doing this is shows humans aren't all bad and shows them showing compassion to animals that cannot fend for themselves.

I don’t need you to say it’s about saving animals. I read it directly in the papers. I’m not saying it’s not a noble thing for him to be trying to do for the animals.. I thought they’d be a single word for helping improve welfare of animals but nothing pops to mind. It’s just not humanitarian, which is specifically about helping improve the lives of other humans.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I agree, so when things like operation Ark happen it does as they say restore your faith in human nature.
One good thing to come out of this tragedy is that animal welfare and animal cruelty has had much exposure over the last few weeks, with daily reports about the plight of these animals and staff. I bet/hope that donations to such as NOWZAD will increase manyfold!
Meanwhile back in blighty, the nation of animal lovers....
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...risis-due-to-high-demand-for-pandemic-puppies

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I also thank my lucky stars that I don't share an office/club or whatever with some of these folk - for they delight in small worlds they feel they can control/reign over. Worlds where their co-habitees cannot just walk and pedal away.
On the positive side, NACAs provides a pit for the small group to exercise themselves in with little damage to wider society.
I think those people only vent their tedious views on the internet. They know that real folks in the real world won't stand for their nonsense (or in some cases have lives/jobs of constant subservience); hence these bizarre online personas!

(To be fair, I think similar applies to plenty of angry/noisy people on the internet ... )

gbb

Legendary Member
The trouble is, phrases like 'a nation of animal lovers' are quite inappropriate, i'm not sure why we seemingly love this term here.
Some are animal lovers, some are not. I'm sure even in Afghanistan there are some animal lovers among the population so whitewashing either side is a bit pointless (not a swipe at you Fab, just an observation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom