Sad that the NOWZAD/The Ark, save the animals thread has been moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The trouble is, phrases like 'a nation of animal lovers' are quite inappropriate, i'm not sure why we seemingly love this term here.
Some are animal lovers, some are not. I'm sure even in Afghanistan there are some animal lovers among the population so whitewashing either side is a bit pointless (not a swipe at you Fab, just an observation)
I concur on the whole. However there are large parts of the population who are more concerned with animals and animal charities than humans.
It’s scary how many dogs are put-down every year for lack of homes....

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I concur on the whole. However there are large parts of the population who are more concerned with animals and animal charities than humans.
It’s scary how many dogs are put-down every year for lack of homes....
Whilst at the same time, many are seemingly quite happy to maintain the lifestyles of puppy farm owners and breeders.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
170 cats and dogs versus 100 or so people. Which would you save?
I think I know which DH Lawrence might have chosen

And I think in the world beyond, how easily we might
spare a million or two of humans
And never miss them.
Yet what a gap in the world, the missing white frost face
of that slim yellow mountain lion!

Mountain Lion. DH Lawrence

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Is this good or bad?! I've just heard on Kevin O'Sullivan's Talk Radio show that the staff and animals are at the airport awaiting the plane that'll fly them to safety! I ask if it's good because there's been so many twists and turns that it could all go you know what up again! Fingers crossed that this time they really are being flown out!!!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't know why the staff and their immediate families aren't allowed on this plane. People have been complaining that 'animals are taking up human spaces on flights out'. There'll be 100's of empty seats on that plane,so why not save the staff as well?! Pen Farthing says all of the staff are guaranteed jobs in Britain, so they won't be a 'burden on the state'. I suppose some will say that Pen Farthing said that he wouldn't leave without all the animals and all of his staff, but it looks like the MOD are giving him this one/last chance and he's thinking if i don't go now, sadly without the staff, me the animals will die if we don't get out asap!

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its the time it takes to process them all through the airport. Plus the fact that the Taliban will not let Afghans through

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just had this Portia Berry-Kilby on the radio saying "people should be prioritised over animals" blah blah. It seemed to go 'whooosh' over her head when the presenter stated that the private funded plane was also meant for the staff, but unfortunately they have to be left behind. She replied "I mean, this just isn't right". She doesn't sound very bright for someone with such a posh name and posh accent.:rolleyes: She and others can't get their head around the fact that humans cannot fly in cargo holds. Earlier in the program there was a bloke on who'd worked at an airport 'for years' who emphasised this fact.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Just had this Portia Berry-Kilby on the radio saying "people should be prioritised over animals" blah blah. It seemed to go 'whooosh' over her head when the presenter stated that the private funded plane was also meant for the staff, but unfortunately they have to be left behind. She replied "I mean, this just isn't right". She doesn't sound very bright for someone with such a posh name and posh accent.:rolleyes: She and others can't get their head around the fact that humans cannot fly in cargo holds. Earlier in the program there was a bloke on who'd worked at an airport 'for years' who emphasised this fact.
I'm pretty sure that humans can fly in spaces reserved for pets. Four-legged beasts need a reasonable oxygen level, just like us lesser beings.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure that humans can fly in spaces reserved for pets. Four-legged beasts need a reasonable oxygen level, just like us lesser beings.
It's irrelevant in this case as the plane wouldn't be there if not for the animals. Don't look on it as a bus coming along and loads of cats and dogs are at the front of the queue, preventing humans from getting on. Think of it more as someone ordering a taxi for their pets.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
It's irrelevant in this case as the plane wouldn't be there if not for the animals. Don't look on it as a bus coming along and loads of cats and dogs are at the front of the queue, preventing humans from getting on. Think of it more as someone ordering a taxi for their pets.
I'm sure that's a huge consolation to the Afghans at Kabul airport.
I had supper in a pub with a friend who was in the army for twenty years and then worked for international aid organisations, including one in
Afghanistan. He had spent the last two weeks trying to get his people out. His comments on Farthing's efforts to get his mutts and moggies on a plane are unrepeatable on a family forum such as this.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
So,obviously not an animal lover then. Did you two talk about the 'precious' cars that were being 'saved' earlier in the week?
Since you ask, there was a delightful black spaniel called Juno under our table that he had brought along. She was loaned out to other people in the pub to calm their fractious children. I believe he owns a cat too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom