Saddle advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andywinds

Andywinds

If there's a Specialized Concept store near you, they'll measure you up and they do a 30-day return thingy. (Not sure if it's a refund or a different saddle that it covers.) After having pressure problems but fairly narrow hips I had to have a narrow saddle with a central cut out - I came away with a Toupe. There are makes, such as ISM and Selle SMP saddles, that feature dropped noses and central recesses. I gather SMP have SMP4TEST authorised retailers but don't know who they are. Over the past year I seem to have also acquired an ISM PN1.1 and a Selle hybrid. You're welcome to try them, or a charge spoon or Brooks B17, for that matter, if you cover postage costs. PM if so.
Great thank you, I will get back to you.

I'd definitely try dropping the nose a bit so that the saddle is slightly pointing slightly down. This eases the pressure when you go over bumps.

Secondly try shorts with a proper Coolmax insert - fantastic bit of kit. Normal inserts are pretty much rubbish.

Other than that I'd try some second hand saddles until you get one that suits you - Fizik Arione is my saddle of choice.

Top Bottom