Saddle Bag + Accesories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bucksgill

I've come to realise not carry tools or spare inners is an accident waiting to happen. So it would be great if you could recommend a saddle bag that has room for 2 inners (rules for the club I aspire to join), a multi-tool (which I also need a recommendation for) and it would be good if it could also hold an energy bar or two.

ACS

Legendary Member
Hi

I use a Specialized Dirt Bag. Full tool kit, 2 tubes, cafe lock and I can just about get a couple of flapjacks in when needed. Loop for a rear light.

Hope this helps

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Lidl do a little bag complete with multitool, levers and p* repair kit for the princely sum of £4.99. If you replace the multitool with a smaller one, you can cram two tubes in there as well.

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
I usually carry the Topeak Hexus multi-tool and keys in a small wedge bag I might put other small things in there but a lot of things just get shaken apart on a fast club ride. I prefer to have a tube or two in my jersey, rather than key hole in my spare tube.

Gary E

Veteran
Another vote for the Topeak Hexus II. It has a chain tool and tyre levers built in (I also take about 4 links of chain and a quick-link).
Mine fit nicely into a Topeak Pro-pack (medium size) along with a Genuine Innovations Air Chuck, 2 x CO2 cylinders, a spare tube (but room for 2) a packet of 'Scabs' patches, half a dozen cable ties and a couple of pairs of latex gloves.
The pack has a single quick release so easy to take off and put on and unlike some doesn't have to wrap around the seat post.

Aushiker

Über Member
My saddlebags for my Audax ride is a medium sized Topeak Aero Wedge. What I carry in it, which is probably over the top, is detailed here.
IMG_1937.jpg
I like the Topeak medium as it carries a couple of tubes without any hassle.
Andrew

PpPete

Legendary Member
I used to use a the quick release version of that Topeak - Medium is just big enough for two inner tubes, chunky multi-tool (Topeak Alien), latex gloves, spare nuts,bolts,chainlinks, tyre boot.
I tend to use the Large size strap on one now - it's no slower to fit & remove, and the large size gives room for a rain jacket too.

Multi-tools - the Hexus goes out on the good bike which is all allen key... the Alien, which has spanners, for the older one which needs them.

JDP

Andiamo
Lidl do a little bag complete with multitool, levers and p* repair kit for the princely sum of £4.99. If you replace the multitool with a smaller one, you can cram two tubes in there as well.

^ This.
Not the nicest looking of things but I have got in mine: 2 inners, all basic tools, puncture repair kit, cuddly toy, phone and a couple of cereal bars.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Poundland often have small saddlebags (for, yes, a pound!!) and they'll take two tubes and a multitool with no drama. Probably get a bar in as well.
Or the Bell one from Asda is bigger and costs about a fiver. They'll take two tubes, a tool, a lock and a very small jacket. Said he, checking the contents of his one.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I use a topeak wedge, I think large. I only keep multi-tool, tyre levers, co2 cartridges, wallet, phone and keys in there. The spare inner tubes and fuel go in my jersey pockets.

Top Bottom