Saddle bag recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mburton1993

Über Member
Can anyone recommend a good saddle bag, one with multiple compartments, expandable, clip on perhaps, I'm never sure on capacity when viewing them online so medium, 1.5l maybe. Needs to accommodate keys, phone, 3 alan keys, inner tube, 2 tyre levers, debit card, facemask, a small loop lock and a few Kelloggs raisin bakes for long rides.

The wilko one for £6.00 has done well till now but they don't last long.

I've had a look on Amazon but the one's that looked good to me had reviews all over the place so I like to know what you lot recommend.

Cheers

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
As always Carridice are quality.

newts

Veteran
Topeak aero wedge large should cope with that easily. £9 currently on amazon.
Phone size will be the limiting factor for under seat bag.
Expands out to almost 2lts if required.
It's too big most of the time, possibly get a small pasty in there aswell.
20210619_180932.jpg
20210619_180448.jpg

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
Another vote for Ortlieb here. Had one for years and it’ll just keep going. There isn’t much that can fail on them to be honest, not even a zip!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Carradice need bag loops, which are only on (some) Brooks and other leather saddles these days. The Cyclo clamp-on bag loops are an option for other saddles.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Carradice zipped rolls are very nice indeed but if you're into something "looking the part" they can look a bit weird on a road / race bike and as mentioned, they need saddle loops. They look great on a tourer, utility or vintage bike.
Bontrager Pro or Elite are good bags and look more at home on a roadie, I had a Bontrager for ten years before a strap stitching finally failed. Ortlieb bags are excellent too.

Top Bottom