Saddle Bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just bumping this, as I have been offered one as a birthday present. Aww.

Probably going to go for the Pendle or Cadet depending on sizing and availability.

I have a couple of questions for those with Caradice bags:

1. How waterproof are they? Will they take a serious pour for over an hour and keep their contents dry?

2. How easy are they to get on and off? I'll be taking it to work so will be wanting to take it on and off twice a day - would it be worth investing in the additional quick release mechanism? Assuming the QR isn't just for their QR-specific bags?

Theres also the 'college' which someone mentioned above and of the 3 only the pendle has side pockets, but none of those 3 come with the top loops for say straping on a waterproof to the top of it.

Whichever you order do it sooner rather than later, they have a long lead time from Wiggle and direct.

If you can find a LBS with them in stock, you may strike gold if your lucky.

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member

That's what I'm hoping for. I understand the availablity issues, but this is a birthday present so needs to be bought in-store this weekend.

Anyone recommend anywhere in London to look? First port of call is Condor - anywhere else?

That's what I'm hoping for. I understand the availablity issues, but this is a birthday present so needs to be bought in-store this weekend.

Anyone recommend anywhere in London to look? First port of call is Condor - anywhere else?

I found it very hard to track down actual shops with them, eventually just ending up looking at every LBS within 20 miles (online, I didnt cycle to them all lol!) and the only one I found (http://www.ellisbriggscycles.co.uk/ ) didnt have barleys.

I have to say that for a bag, I mean its just a bag FFS, I'm probably more excited than when I got my last bike! The carradices seem to have had a bit of a resurgence in recent years to become this cool wanted brand leading to the shortage now....

PeteT

Theres also the 'college' which someone mentioned above and of the 3 only the pendle has side pockets, but none of those 3 come with the top loops for say straping on a waterproof to the top of it.
Whichever you order do it sooner rather than later, they have a long lead time from Wiggle and direct.

The Pendle does indeed have the facility to add top loops - there's a couple of 'tunnels', edged with leather, on the flap that you can pass a couple of toestraps through to secure a waterproof etc.

The Pendle does indeed have the facility to add top loops - there's a couple of 'tunnels', edged with leather, on the flap that you can pass a couple of toestraps through to secure a waterproof etc.

It does your right! The carradice shop has a slightly different picture of the pendle where the tunnels are hidden :whistle: But checked another site and:

9409.jpg

Top Bottom