Saddle comfort on the drops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

owpman

Hi guys just a quick one,

struggling with a new saddle (SI flite) its rather uncomfortable on the old genitals when i ride on the drops unlike the old one, my initial though was that its slightly more raised at the nose hence the pain and i could rectify this by tilting the saddle forward a touch. but it turns out i have no adjustment availible in the seat post (so would require a new one to test my theory) so before i go shopping for a new seat post wondered if you guys had any thoughts on the matter,

thanks

Oliver

What seatpost do you have? I can't imagine any which don't allow for adjusting the tilt of the saddle.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
... it turns out i have no adjustment availible in the seat post ....

I don't believe it!

OP
OP
O

owpman

sorry i should have been clearer my bad (i am trying to do this covertly at work on a shared computer so typing rather less attentively than usual) of course i can adjust the seat post for saddle height, but its a stock seat post from a low end claud butler road bike with no tilt adjustment what so ever,

O

raindog

er.....
I didn't know seat posts existed that didn't have pivotal adjustment. Except the old ones of course, where the adjustment was built into the saddle clamp.

owpman said:
sorry i should have been clearer my bad (i am trying to do this covertly at work on a shared computer so typing rather less attentively than usual) of course i can adjust the seat post for saddle height, but its a stock seat post from a low end claud butler road bike with no tilt adjustment what so ever,

O

I still don't buy it. Regardless of how low end your bike may be, you're going to be able to adjust the tilt of the saddle.

Is there a single allen bolt holding the saddle on or two side bolts?

e-rider

crappy member
I've never seen a post without angle adjustment either. BUT I have seen many posts that have poor adjustment so that in one position it's angled too far up and then you move to the next position and it's then too far down.

I always go for those new(ish) infinite angle adjustment posts - brilliant invention

Armegatron

I thought mine didnt have an adjustment last night, but when I looked at the seat post again I managed to see how it adjusted and fitted my new brooks saddle :smile:

Top Bottom