Saddle keeps moving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clippetydoodah

Hi All,

Having a hard time with keeping my saddle in place. I have it clamped to
the post good and tight. However when I get going the seat clicks and tips
back. I just can't stop this from happening. Any suggestions on a fix welcome.

Cheers.

vickster

Legendary Member
New seatpost?

Globalti

Legendary Member
As above, once those clicky ridges have worn, you'll never be able to get it tight enough.

*cough* I happen to have a well-used but good Easton carbon EC70 27.2mm seapost that I'm thinking of putting on Ebay, if you're interested? Very shock-absorbing and it looks like this but much longer:

easton-ec70-carbon-fiber-seatpost-27-2mm-x-260mm-setback-offset-1bolt-americanlisted_31029297.jpg

Providing the wear isn't too severe, where any smoothing has occurred on joining parts, take some rough sandpaper and beat em up, creating more friction my help keep it in place. Be warned, you may expose the area to rusting if the metal is coated steel.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I happen to have a well-used but good Easton carbon EC70 27.2mm seapost
I see some poster of similar name said (on STW 3 years ago) "Yes a carbon post or rigid carbon forks are a very worthwhile upgrade for any bike."
take some rough sandpaper and beat em up, creating more friction
The general wear has the grinding effect and it's the ridges (now ground down) which stop the saddle tipping. Sanding that interface will only make it worse (imo). The bit of rubber in between bodge (as per @User9609 post above) is the best immediate option, pending a new seatpost.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I bought a new seat post as I was fed up with it happening to me!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/saddle-slipping.203368/

Last edited:
Top Bottom