Saddle or frame packs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I need a new saddle bag and was going to buy a top peak medium just for puncture patches, 3 tyre levers, multi tool and a spanner or two i need. I like the frame mounted bags that some use similar to those Mark Beaumont had on his africa trip. Does anyone use these as opposed to saddle bags and can you recommend a good brand to look at.
Like I say i di t carry much but need a new one as mine is ripped so fancy looking at both options

wisdom

Guru
Personally I prefer saddle packs.But it's personal preference really.

Custom24

Über Member
By frame mounted you mean in the main triangle? I have a saddle bag and a triangle bag on both of my road bikes. If I could get away with just the saddle bag, I would. I need both for commuting, the frame bag prevents me having to use a rucksack or pannier.

My luggage is cheap stuff. The triangle bags are Ibera from Amazon, the large size. But I have had them for a year and they are great and waterproof and only cost £13. Other cyclists think they are fugly but I couldn't care less and they are better looking than panniers in any case.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
don't forget the spare tube…

i fit:
  • spare tube
  • co2 inflator and spare cartridge
  • crank brothers multitool
  • patches
  • tyre levers
  • a small screwdriver
into one of these that sits in the seat-tube bottle cage on the posh bike, and an old hi-5 bidon with similar for on the commuter. if nothing else, it keeps everything dry whether or not your bike has mudguards…

Last edited:
Top Bottom