Saddle slipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I would just get a new seatpost (alloy) - they don't cost a lot. BB
Just been looking and I didn't realise there was so many different options!! It just leaves me confused as to the differences between them.

Venod

Eh up
I had a seat post of the same design, the bottom clamp was bending allowing the seat to become lose, it was a lot more lightweight looking than yours but maybe worth checking, take the clamp off and see if the 2 saddle rail chanels are sraight and square to each other, I cured mine by fitting a double bolt (front and rear) seatpost.

[QUOTE 4346662, member: 9609"]tighten a jubilee clip around the seat post at the point just above where it inserts into the frame, that will stop it slipping down (may not help with the side to side movement though)[/QUOTE]
That's a cure for another problem.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
In terms of riding what's the difference between an offset seat post and a straight one?

And if you have a two bolt system does that still allow you to adjust the angle of the saddle?

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 4346662, member: 9609"]tighten a jubilee clip around the seat post at the point just above where it inserts into the frame, that will stop it slipping down (may not help with the side to side movement though)[/QUOTE]
The seat post is fine at the lower clamp, the only issue is that with the saddle tipping up and down, it means I can't get the height right...

Venod

Eh up
In terms of riding what's the difference between an offset seat post and a straight one?

And if you have a two bolt system does that still allow you to adjust the angle of the saddle?

Makes no difference to riding, a setback post allows the seat to be further back than an inline one, the important bit is getting your seat position (fore an aft) right for comfort and pedaling efficiency, looking at your pics if you fitted an inline post you would have more seat overhang at the rear than you have now. (assuming you keep the same position fore and aft relative to bars and crank) you can get set back posts with the 2 bolt sytem.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deda-rsx-02-seatpost-2014/ one of many

The two bolt system allows you to adjust the angle of the seat with more accuracy (IMO) than a single bolt fastening.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
[QUOTE 4346757, member: 9609"]I understand now; Make a rubber washer from an old inner tube and fit that between where the two surface meet.[/QUOTE]
I was gonna suggest that to @summerdays, but didn't want to embarrass myself on CC, especially after @Yellow Saddle contributed :laugh:
I routinely use bits of inner tube as bike fastenings when I don't have the correct fittings :rolleyes:

Top Bottom