Saddle Sores - What to whap on 'em?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've got an irritating, low-grade boil/zit on me blarse...it doesn't stop me riding, but it is a bit uncomfortable at times.

What's the best non-prescription gunk to slap on it? I've tried Sudocrem -- no joy. Raw steak is not an option.

Ta,

A Brooks. :biggrin:

Otherwise, try a dot of tea-tree oil. Oh and make sure your shorts are really, really clean.

yenrod

Why do people always say Brooks ???????????????????? hard as rock nearly...

I always 'get rid' of the stuff inside then CLEAN :biggrin:

Then fresh clothes....:biggrin:

U

User482

On my recent LEJOG, a combination of top quality padded shorts, savlon, and nurofen gel seemed to avoid any problems.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
nurofen gel :smile: :blush:

Brooks has had no effect on my ability or libido. Bit difficult these days with 8-week-old sprog and wife who freezes if I even look at her in the bedroom.

Lansinoh or Camillosan cream will help cure most spots, cracks, lacerations etc. They're designed for cracked nipples in breastfeeding mums.

U

User482

Steve Austin said:
nurofen gel :smile: :blush:

It's just the job. Applied twice daily to the undercarriage, and no significant discomfort as a result.

GrahamG

Guru
Given the recommendations, I'd get a brooks - but I'm vegan and don't buy any leather goods. I'll have to stick with my planet-x job; after 52 miles (my longest ride!), my legs hurt far more than my arse!

Blue

Legendary Member
User482 said:
It's just the job. Applied twice daily to the undercarriage, and no significant discomfort as a result.

I may be wrong, but if I had to apply pain killing gel twice a day :tongue: I'd be thinking I needed a different saddle or bike set-up! It took me a long time to find a saddle that suited me - I have three bikes and replaced the original saddle on every one of them.

Top Bottom