Saddle Sores - What to whap on 'em?

I've got an irritating, low-grade boil/zit on me blarse...it doesn't stop me riding, but it is a bit uncomfortable at times.

What's the best non-prescription gunk to slap on it? I've tried Sudocrem -- no joy. Raw steak is not an option.

Ta,

A Brooks. :biggrin:

Otherwise, try a dot of tea-tree oil. Oh and make sure your shorts are really, really clean.

yenrod

Why do people always say Brooks ???????????????????? hard as rock nearly...

I always 'get rid' of the stuff inside then CLEAN :biggrin:

Then fresh clothes....:biggrin:

U

User482

On my recent LEJOG, a combination of top quality padded shorts, savlon, and nurofen gel seemed to avoid any problems.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
nurofen gel :smile: :blush:

Twenty Inch

Brooks has had no effect on my ability or libido. Bit difficult these days with 8-week-old sprog and wife who freezes if I even look at her in the bedroom.

Lansinoh or Camillosan cream will help cure most spots, cracks, lacerations etc. They're designed for cracked nipples in breastfeeding mums.

GrahamG

Veteran
Given the recommendations, I'd get a brooks - but I'm vegan and don't buy any leather goods. I'll have to stick with my planet-x job; after 52 miles (my longest ride!), my legs hurt far more than my arse!

Blue

Legendary Member
User482 said:
It's just the job. Applied twice daily to the undercarriage, and no significant discomfort as a result.
I may be wrong, but if I had to apply pain killing gel twice a day :tongue: I'd be thinking I needed a different saddle or bike set-up! It took me a long time to find a saddle that suited me - I have three bikes and replaced the original saddle on every one of them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marchaugh General Cycling Discussions 30
TAV Health & Fitness 25
Paul Walters Training 10
Doobiesis General Cycling Discussions 104
Top Bottom