Saddle sores

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Bloody things!! I`ve just recently started having this trouble in the last 2/3 months even though nothing has changed, and am stumped as to why its just started now after 10 years of cycling. Anybody else suffer with these? Although it doesn`t stop me riding (I won`t let it), it does make it very uncomfortable at times. Are there any tried and tested solutions to this? I`ve read online that doctors aren`t interested in this and that basically I`m on my own here, any ideas??

vickster

Legendary Member
Riding commando (although assume you do already) and chamois cream, e.g. from Assos or homemade. Have you changed the saddle?

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Yep to the commando and the cream, and its still getting worse!! Not changed the saddle or anything to do with the setup so it`s strange, I do a fairly high mileage, about 900/month, but was doing this well before the problem started

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
***UNPLEASENTNESS ALERT***

I was getting some discomfort, i think what was happening was (as Im a bit chubby) the skin near my sit bones was getting folded over and rubbing against itself. I have found that I can stretch it flat by moving my knee out, sort of like the position a motorbike rider when getting the knee down, and a bit of sliding up and down the saddle can get it all seated nicely.

Its a strange pre-ride ritual, and I have to make sure Im a few streets away before I do it.

It goes without saying that chamois creme, showering after a ride and clean kit are all important too.

Oldspice

Bloody things!! I`ve just recently started having this trouble in the last 2/3 months even though nothing has changed, and am stumped as to why its just started now after 10 years of cycling. Anybody else suffer with these? Although it doesn`t stop me riding (I won`t let it), it does make it very uncomfortable at times. Are there any tried and tested solutions to this? I`ve read online that doctors aren`t interested in this and that basically I`m on my own here, any ideas??

Which part are you sore? is it chaffed skin or a lump/cyst.....

Top Bottom