Saddle wear?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's "similar" to a saddle, just more uncomfortable :eek:
Really?? I thought everyone said that once they have bedded in they are much more comfortable?? :wacko:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I firmly believe the whole brooks "breaking in" thing is a myth,
What really happens is the people who have spent a fortune on one, and then taken 6+ months to "bed it in" are simply too embarased to admit that their pride and joy is a
Medieval torture device, made from concrete, razor blades and broken bottles. :smile:

Personally I'll stick with my Charge spoon, comfy straight from the box, and the right side of £25 (I have 3).

D

Deleted member 20519

I firmly believe the whole brooks "breaking in" thing is a myth,
What really happens is the people who have spent a fortune on one, and then taken 6+ months to "bed it in" are simply too embarased to admit that their pride and joy is a
Medieval torture device, made from concrete, razor blades and broken bottles. :smile:

Personally I'll stick with my Charge spoon, comfy straight from the box, and the right side of £25 (I have 3).

I was watching a 'How it's made: Brooks Saddles' and it says that after a while, the leather moulds itself to the shape of 'you' and it's perfect.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Seriously.... Saddle opinions are worthless. What fits one person perfectly, may be agony for another.

Brooks esp polarise opinions, those who like them love them, and those of us with a more normal human anatomy hate them. :smile:

Only real way to find which camp you fall into is to buy one and try it. The saving grace is tha if you do find it stupidly uncomfortable you can e-bay it to the next candidate for almost what you paid for it.

Seriously.... Saddle opinions are worthless. What fits one person perfectly, may be agony for another.

Brooks esp polarise opinions, those who like them love them, and those of us with a more normal human anatomy hate them. :smile:

Only real way to find which camp you fall into is to buy one and try it. The saving grace is tha if you do find it stupidly uncomfortable you can e-bay it to the next candidate for almost what you paid for it.
So you don;t want a Brooks for Christmas then? :thumbsup:

Top Bottom