Saddle width....which one do you need?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Im after a Spec Toupe.
I was getting pains in my bits on longer rides.
Since changing my stem from a 100mm to a 90mm I have found my existing 130mm saddle to be more comfy.

I think the groove area will help me further......but of course there are two differnet sizes.
I have seen various Toupe saddles for sale 2nd hand and most people are selling as they have the wrong size.
This might sound obvious but seeing as I'm finding my current 130mm saddle more comfy now should I go for the 130mm Toupe.

My ar*e is pretty narrow....and I'm a 32" waist.
;)
Cheers in advance

Steve

Noodley

Don't Specialized have "fitting" centres? i.e. shops who will tell you by taking measurements.

Noodley

Dave5N said:
If you go to a specialized dealer I believe they have a thing you can sit on to determine which size is best.

I just bought the 130 - it's great.

yet more great cross-posting information ;)

Noodley

Dave5N said:
That's not true. All the really fat people with really fat tummies I know also all have really fat arses. :ohmy:

Well, I suppose so...but ;)

kyuss

Veteran
Getting fitted for the Spesh Toupe can be embarrasing. I got mine on a Saturday afternoon in a mobbed lbs and got some funny looks sat atop a 1ft high stool with my knees round my ears. It looked like I was taking a dump in the middle of the shop.

simonali

Guru
I get a stiff neck sometimes and have a memory foam pillow on me bed. I sat on it for a minute, jumped up and measured the bum dents to find them exactly 130mm apart. Job done!

yenrod

I'll have to see about getting my arse down to one of these places for a laff if not factual interest...

Is it geeky to know how wide your sit-bones are apart :blush:

:ohmy:

Noodley

simonali said:
I get a stiff neck sometimes and have a memory foam pillow on me bed. I sat on it for a minute, jumped up and measured the bum dents to find them exactly 130mm apart. Job done!

No. If you get a sore neck that is more to do with stretch. And "foam pillows" are not relaible "sit bones" indicators.

I am not a "technical" person but I can see the benefot of trying a few options rather than buying "technical" gear..

simonali

Guru
Noodley said:
I am not a "technical" person

Why are you hanging around in the Know How section then? :blush:

I'm led to believe that the Specialized saddle fitting thingy is made from memory foam, so why wouldn't my pillow do the same job?

Top Bottom