saddle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrewsdad

Hi, having posted a query on saddle sores recently i have decided to change mine. I was wondering what anyone could recommend for around £50 theres a vast array out there, i used to have a boardman comp hybrid for commuting which the saddle was fine, ive now changed to a road bike but the saddle is killing me when i do larger rides, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Asking what saddle to buy is like asking who you should marry. It is very personal. In the old days we just "broke the saddle in" but nowadays we have our backsides measured, our saddles professionally "fitted" and sometimes given often to test ride one or two.
No doubt advice will now flood in about saddles that worked for individuals but they may as well tell you the names of the girls they married and tell you that Cindy is a good one to marry.

Broadside

Guru
Hi, having posted a query on saddle sores recently i have decided to change mine. I was wondering what anyone could recommend for around £50 theres a vast array out there, i used to have a boardman comp hybrid for commuting which the saddle was fine, ive now changed to a road bike but the saddle is killing me when i do larger rides, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Do you wear padded cycling shorts when on the road bike?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Or if you found the saddle on your boardman ok why not go on ebay and get another ? plenty on there last time i looked , i get on with the stock saddles on baordmans and have the same on my commuter.

wintergreen

Forget all the other recommendations. This is what you need :laugh: http://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycle-accessories/adjustable-bicycle-bench-seat/1104626409

OP
OP
andrewsdad

andrewsdad

Asking what saddle to buy is like asking who you should marry. It is very personal. In the old days we just "broke the saddle in" but nowadays we have our backsides measured, our saddles professionally "fitted" and sometimes given often to test ride one or two.
No doubt advice will now flood in about saddles that worked for individuals but they may as well tell you the names of the girls they married and tell you that Cindy is a good one to marry.
I understand its horses for courses, I just wondered was a certain saddle that was popular. Trial an error I suppose. Thanks for your reply, and maybe cindy will do lol.

OP
OP
andrewsdad

andrewsdad

Or if you found the saddle on your boardman ok why not go on ebay and get another ? plenty on there last time i looked , i get on with the stock saddles on baordmans and have the same on my commuter.
Yeah I've tried that, but wasn't to keen on used saddles, I'll keep looking thanks for your reply.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yeah I've tried that, but wasn't to keen on used saddles, I'll keep looking thanks for your reply.
You may find that a lot of second hand saddles have not actually been used, as some people swap them straight over for their preferred model before they even ride the bike.

Top Bottom