Safe bike Storage overnight at Liverpool Street

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John Woolley

Hi all,

Not new here but lost my login details!!!

Anyway I want to start commuting from London Liverpool Street to Covent Garden and want to leave my bike over night at London Liverpool street. Do any off you know how safe the Bike rack is to leave my bike over night and at weekends would be???

I have a no budget or I would look to buy a £100 bike for the trip but untill I have the funds will have to use my road Bike but worried it will be stolen, its an 3 year old Specialized Allez, so nothing amazing but still a decent bike.

Flyingfox

Doesn't Liverpool Street Station have the 'two-tiered' cycle racks next to one of the platforms? I would imagine they are safer than the racks in the street as long as you have a good lock (and can get a space). Personally I would just get a second hand bike for around £50.00 as it's only about 3 miles each way. The other alternative is use the Boris Bikes.

I wouldn't. Boris bike, folder or shanks pony.

I keep seeing stripped frames around london, and I watched this frame get gradually stripped near Shadwell station earlier in the year.
DSC_0006.jpg

Often the frames are BSOs, so even bad bikes get stolen.

Only place I'd leave a bike is a On yer bike or maybe one of these http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11947.aspx#city-of-london - but they aren't really convenient to save you a 2 mile walk.

Brains

Legendary Member
Boris is the answer.

Otherwise, On Yer Bike which is a mile away under London Bridge Station have secure indoor bike parking with changing rooms etc

OP
OP
J

John Woolley

Thanks for the replies guys, think i may have to boris bike it as worried about my bike getting stolen.

Will also look into On Your Bike too, thanks so much for your help.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Liverpool Street to On Your Bike is about a half-hour walk...

I wouldn't rely on Boris for commuting - there are long queues and limited availability of both bikes at stations and racks near offices. I'd find the cheapest, nastiest second-hand hack you can and spend £50 on a lock.

subaqua

What’s the point
Liverpool Street to On Your Bike is about a half-hour walk...

I wouldn't rely on Boris for commuting - there are long queues and limited availability of both bikes at stations and racks near offices. I'd find the cheapest, nastiest second-hand hack you can and spend £50 on a lock.

14 minutes 32 seconds is my record for walking Liverpool street to London bridge.

Top Bottom