Safety design research - any help greatly appreciated!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattcycling

Hey! my name is Matt Berry. I am a third year product design student at the University of the West of England about to undertake my final year project.

The project is about cycling safety as I still feel that there is still a lot to be done when it comes to protecting cyclists on the roads. Ive seen a few posts like this but I would be extremely grateful if you could take five minuets to help me in my project and research that will be invaluable when it comes to developing ideas for improving cycle safety.

Link: http://goo.gl/forms/I3t2O34LcL

Thanks

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Done!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Done, although obviously all the questions were read in my head in Matt Berry's voice.

oldstrath

Über Member
Done, but frankly pointless. The answer is not more bits of kit. The best answer is banning private motor vehicles and requiring proper training and supervision for professional drivers. Next best is proper training for all drivers, supported by proper policing and significant punishment. Third best would be dedicated, usable, segregated infrastructure paralleling all significant roads. I'm not clear how a product designer, however well meaning, is going to help, unless you have an idea for a concealable rail gun.

Drago

Legendary Member
And proper training and rigourous enforcement for cyclists who behave like chumps. You can't expect motor vehicle pilots to acquiesce if cyclists themselves are free to behave the same way without risk of sanction.

Top Bottom