Sail up!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Went for a ride this morning before going out with the family. On a strech of road which I normally do at 15 to 17 mph, I was down to 7 mph. It was like having a sail up against the wind! Hard work and down to granny gear. I hate the wind

Leaway2

Lycrist
Turn round and go the other way, its easier, FIFY.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just been out for a 50 odd miler. 30+ into/across the wind and 20 home with the wind at our backs ... I hoisted the Spinnaker ^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last week I rode 25 miles to Settle, blown by the wind at an average of 18 mph. Because I had arranged for Mrs Gti to pick me up I didn't need to save strength for the return against the wind and I rode like.... like.... the wind! Good, it was.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
It was strong in NW today. Fortunately I was on the club ride so just took the tail most of the way (I did my stint on the front).

I find that it is much better riding in hills when the wind is strong as you are protected somewhat. Plus, at certain points you have a tailwind which allows you to get a nice KOM or PR on Strava. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1258

I did 54 miles this morning and it was hard work, combination of too many mince pies and a strong head wind. The first hour was fine, then I turned for the cafe and turned into the wind, then I seemed to have the wind against me for most of the rest of the ride, I think my average this morning was below 12mph. I actually left the Cafe only half a dozen yards behind the club ride, but into the wind I couldn't catch them and had to sit up and let them go, I was flat out at 18-19mph for a while and wasn't making any impression.

Top Bottom