Sake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Anyone know anything about Sake?

I know bugger all other than sake is more a beer than a wine. I noticed recently though that one of my favourite breweries, Nogne O in Norway, has started brewing its own sake, the first in Europe to do so apparently.

That sparked my interest and I'd like to taste one (or two): any recommendations?

OP
OP
U

User169

look no further

That's definitely the look I'm aiming at Rocky!

OP
OP
U

User169

No particular recommendations, but apparently the good stuff shouldn't be served warm.

...and Vodka Martini should be stirred.

Good to know - I had it in my mind that it's the other way around!

Ciar

Veteran
Actually made from rice, i have had it cold and warm and prefer the warm variety but i know there are tons of different types just like wine in Europe, all i can say is they are potent ;-)

but going by the wiki it's made more like beer, so today i learnt something new hah.

OP
OP
U

User169

Actually made from rice so basically rice wine, i have had it cold and warm and prefer the warm variety but i know there are tons of different types just like wine in Europe, all i can say is they are potent ;-)

Akshully more like beer in the sense that you have to convert starch to sugar and then sugar to alcohol!

Might just have to take a punt in the local offy.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
All I know is, I have had the shittest day ever and I will drink ANYTHING.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
All I know is, I have had the shittest day ever and I will drink ANYTHING.
117036-800.jpg

OP
OP
U

User169

I haven't tried it since puking on it outside Vesuvios on my stag night. Happy days!

^_^
"The menu was formidable; amongst the several pages of choices you could always find something that whetted your appetite. One of my friends used to often order a roast dinner followed by apple pie and custard; this was after the pubs had shut on a Friday or Saturday night. Looking back those waitresses must have had a hard time taking orders and serving the rowdy after pub crowd, but in saying that; I never saw any trouble when I have eaten there."

Top Bottom