Salad Extra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozz360

Veteran
Moth aside, there appears to be a fork or a spoon within the salad in the packaging. I know salads for one often include a plastic fork but that’s normally packaged separately from the food. This utensil is loose within the salad.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
In M&S salad you dont just get a moth, you get a luxuriant, organic, farm-fresh silk moth.
" Locally foraged" ?

Ripple

Veteran
Nobody can't beat my grandma's recipe for marinated cucumbers. She somehow managed to put a tomato hornworm together with cucumbers in a jar. I must admit the caterpillar looked similar to cucumbers and my grandma had a bad eyesight.

Lozz360

Veteran
Are you worried it might run amok?
It is just something else that shouldn’t be there. Or at least shouldn’t be loose in the salad.

Another puzzling thing. Why did the OP take a photo of the salad before it was opened? Was the moth spotted inside the packaging before or after it was opened? Or, was the salad put back in the container (together with a fork) after the moth was discovered for the purpose of the photo. We need to know!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I remember sometimes finding cooked caterpillars when we had cauliflower and sometimes other assorted wildlife in salads. They came from our own garden but obviously not washed enough. My mother used to soak cauliflower and salt water before cooking to hopefully kill off anything hidden. It was wartime so I suppose they did give us extra protein.:ohmy:

It is just something else that shouldn’t be there. Or at least shouldn’t be loose in the salad.

Another puzzling thing. Why did the OP take a photo of the salad before it was opened? Was the moth spotted inside the packaging before or after it was opened? Or, was the salad put back in the container (together with a fork) after the moth was discovered for the purpose of the photo. We need to know!
And that's before we mention the crime that

this product does not include a BOWL AS ADVERTISED !!!

(unless I can't see it in the photos ... )

OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru

The tub was a large size, about 6" square. It was part of a buffet for my daughters birthday. I had taken a portion out and spotted it on my plate after I'd eaten about half of it!

There is a sequel to the story. I'd left my plate on the table with the monster still on the plate. When we came round to do the washing up, it had disappeared. Thought maybe one of the grandchildren had scraped it into the bin.

This morning I spotted the same insect on the wall, looking very healthy. It must have woken up and escaped from my plate.!

We carefully caught and released it into the garden.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
The tub was a large size, about 6" square. It was part of a buffet for my daughters birthday. I had taken a portion out and spotted it on my plate after I'd eaten about half of it!

There is a sequel to the story. I'd left my plate on the table with the monster still on the plate. When we came round to do the washing up, it had disappeared. Thought maybe one of the grandchildren had scraped it into the bin.

This morning I spotted the same insect on the wall, looking very healthy. It must have woken up and escaped from my plate.!

We carefully caught and released it into the garden.
There's a clue as to its identification - it's clearly a Lazarus moth.

More prosaically, it had probably been stunned by the reduced oxygen atmosphere in the bag.

Top Bottom