Salford cycle roundabout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It doesn't justify it, but I suspect either (as said upthread) Salford now has a cycling advocate, or its received money specifically for cycling infrastructure.
During lockdown the council took the opportunity to either create new cycle lanes, or barrier off existing cycle lanes, on several roads which are close to the border with Manchester. Some of these were upgraded post lock down. This for example used to be crap to ride on. The road surface was dreadful and there was no segregation between cyclists and cars.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm just guessing, based on local experience, but odds on that the Council has a Cycling Advocate and a ringfenced pot of money then can only be spent on cycling infrastructure.
It can't be the council cycling champion this time because it don't look like any roads popular with motorists were resurfaced from the cycling budget(!)

Badger_Boom

Über Member
"After extensive consultation"

I'd love to know what the consultants are being paid and how much this improvement cost.

I’m sure consultants were involved but in the context of the article I think they mean that people (user groups and interested individuals) were either consulted about or offered an opportunity to comment on the design.

Top Bottom