Salmon En croute. What would you serve with it ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I don't like salmon, sorry no help from me!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Looks good but a lot of work.
Oh the broccoli certainly isn't any work. It takes what, 2 minutes to press some garlic and drizzle oil and lemon on the broccoli and then it's looking after itself in the oven so you're doing diddly squat. Grating some cheese takes a minute at the end. And I'm a really dreadful cook when it comes to being organised enough to do complicated things, so if I can manage this at 5pm while still juggling work and kids then it probably couldn't be any less work.

Another easy one is roast cauliflower: Break it up in florets, toss with olive oil, 1tsp of paprika, 1tsp of cumin, and some salt, and roast on a high heat until browning at the edges. That's really delicious and no work at all.

Yeah those potatoes take that bit longer than boiling (maybe 10-15 mins more) and you have to turn them so if you're that hard pressed for time then okay, save that for the weekend!

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
A selection of roasted vegetables.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Immediate thought is a nice mature chardonnay, maybe a Macon Villages.
Or something from the southern Rhône, a marsanne rousanne blend. Or a gruner veltliner. Or any Alsace riesling, young or old.
But nothing too expensive cos the pastry will kill it. Salmon is best without fripperies.
Iike Alsace wine.
But I will have to google "fripperies"

Top Bottom